• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Pursuing 'Middle-Six Forward' Amid Hot Start

josh

15 minutes ago, josh said:

Stop. It was made perfectly clear he doesn't want to play in Hartford. 

None of this sat well with Kravtsov, with one source saying, "The relationship can't be fixed."

https://www.lohud.com/story/sports/nhl/rangers/2021/10/16/how-ny-rangers-and-vitali-kravtsov-reached-their-breaking-point/8472113002/

I mean its not a stretch to think he is done with this team in general

I don't like Gauthier on the 1st line, as he's Kreider-Lite, but pushing Kakko up, and putting Gauthier to do the dirty work for Panarin and Strome makes sense to me. This is all based on Gauthier's recent run of fine form, of course.

That, or Lafreniere needs to get his shit together.

I don't like the idea of sending assets out for a half ass solution. I'd rather move picks. I've seen enough failure around their recent picks to not hive a shit about them for a few years.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

1 minute ago, Dunny said:

I don't like Gauthier on the 1st line, as he's Kreider-Lite, but pushing Kakko up, and putting Gauthier to do the dirty work for Panarin and Strome makes sense to me. This is all based on Gauthier's recent run of fine form, of course.

That, or Lafreniere needs to get his shit together.

I don't like the idea of sending assets out for a half ass solution. I'd rather move picks. I've seen enough failure around their recent picks to not hive a shit about them for a few years.

I think they rushed all of them. But I know that’s not a popular opinion. 

Next year is very tight cap-wise, especially if they want to keep Strome.  That means they would probably have to target someone only under contract for this season or be trading someone with a significant salary and term (and no no-trade).  I don't think we really have someone in that category.  As has been discussed, this team is not yet at the stage to be looking for rentals.  Hopefully, Gauthier is moving into this "middle six" role, although it's too early to tell whether he can maintain his play from the past few games.

If the Canucks continue to falter and be out of it by the mid point, I’d seriously look at seeing what it takes to bring JT Miller back. Wins faceoffs and has another year at 5.25m which fits in nicely. Hell you might be able to convince Halak to waive his NTC and have a good backup as well. 

I get that it means the end of Strome but it also buys us another year of affordability and solves a faceoff problem as well from a guy that I think plays more RW these days (which we also need lol). 

On 11/20/2021 at 6:48 AM, RichieNextel305 said:

Kessel is a pending UFA.

better to wait on trading as if a team like the Stars fall out of contention players such as Klingberg, Pavelski, Radulov, Raffl, Glendening, Holtby all could be had. -- Kravtsov also likely on a team that makes KHL playoffs and possibly makes a deep run with him lighting up the scoreboard, he is a major addition to Traktor, so dont expect him back anytime soon

10 hours ago, Keirik said:

If the Canucks continue to falter and be out of it by the mid point, I’d seriously look at seeing what it takes to bring JT Miller back. Wins faceoffs and has another year at 5.25m which fits in nicely. Hell you might be able to convince Halak to waive his NTC and have a good backup as well. 

I get that it means the end of Strome but it also buys us another year of affordability and solves a faceoff problem as well from a guy that I think plays more RW these days (which we also need lol). 

+1

I would call that a BRILLIANT  move.

2 hours ago, ThirtyONE said:

How about Paj in Hartford? Dude's starting to go off. 

I wouldn't even say he's going off. He's just finding out how to be productive. 4 goals and 6 points in his last 8 as opposed to 1 goal and 2 points in his first 8. He should be allowed to do that over a larger span. There's no reason to rush him.

https://www.nhl.com/news/over-the-boards-dan-rosen-mailbag-november-24/c-328266742

'Kessel, the Coyotes forward, is a goal scorer and he wouldn't have to do a lot of the grunt work if he plays with Kreider and Zibanejad. I could get behind that move, but I like the idea of Smith better because he's more versatile than Kessel and his connection and history with Rangers coach Gerard Gallant from their time together with the Golden Knights. Vegas is going to be in the playoff race but will need cap relief when it's time to activate Eichel, which likely will be immediately after the 2022 Beijing Olympics in late February. The 2022 NHL Trade Deadline is March 21 and Smith is in the last season of his contract. Other pending UFAs to look at are Calle Jarnkrok from the Seattle Kraken, Andreas Athanasiou from the Los Angeles Kings and Zach Sanford from the Ottawa Senators.'

3 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Looks like Debrusk is requesting a trade, think he would fit in here?

Don’t they shit in his dedication level? Isn’t in great shape, doesn’t eat right… that kind of thing.  I’m not sure if we need that around our young guys.