• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Robert Pattinson's 'The Batman'

Phil

Meh.

Bat mobile sounded awesome. I liked Colin Farrell as the Penguin. Dano just annoys me and is never believable when he acts angry/crazy.

Pattinson was alright in the suit. But was vampire weenie boy out of it. 

Kinda cool how it adopted Nirvanas "Something in the way" as it's theme music, decent story line away from Riddler. Otherwise it lacked the aspect of Bruce Wayne being a millionaire and having a batcave filled with cool shit. Gotham has the bat signal,  but the street gang in the beginning of the movie had no idea who he was? 

I feel like It's going to be a downswing from here on out. Should have left it alone for a good ten years. 

On 4/21/2022 at 7:40 PM, Sharpshooter said:

Yes. What did you think of the portrayal of Joker?

On 4/21/2022 at 8:07 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

I haven't seen that scene yet, I only read about it.  I need to look it up.  Didn't get much out of the final scene in the theatrical version of the movie but there were a lot of cool subtle cues from him.  

On 4/21/2022 at 8:09 PM, Sharpshooter said:

On 4/21/2022 at 8:10 PM, SaveByRichter35 said:

Thanks I'll have to remember to watch this when I get out of work.  I am on my work computer...no sound.

Ok finally got around to seeing this.  Wasn't really a fan.  I think Keoghan did ok as the character for the small scene that it was.  I wasn't a fan of the look of the character.  Not so much the face, but more the mangled scalp/scares.  I was never into the comics so I am sure this is supposed to resemble the depiction from one of the comics.

On 4/22/2022 at 12:13 AM, SaveByRichter35 said:

It wasn't an origin story, that was one of the points of the movie.  He had already been patrolling Gotham as Batman for 2 years at the start of the movie.  But the sentiment remains, he did do a good job.  I was skeptical as well.  I enjoyed that he spent most of his time as Batman, not much Bruce Wayne.  I hated the suit though.  Especially the collar.  

The suit looked very stiff to me, was probably hard to move in it for Pattinson.

Overall I liked the movie, was maybe a bit too long, but didn't bother me that much.

Have to say though, I get it was trying to be one of those old detective movies, but did it have to be so black-grey-brown the whole time? lol

On 5/2/2022 at 4:48 PM, H-Dreamer said:

The suit looked very stiff to me, was probably hard to move in it for Pattinson.

Overall I liked the movie, was maybe a bit too long, but didn't bother me that much.

Have to say though, I get it was trying to be one of those old detective movies, but did it have to be so black-grey-brown the whole time? lol

That was what they were going for.  Its a noir.  Batman is supposed to dark.  Not that shit we got in the Schumacher movies 🤮

Edited by SaveByRichter35

1 hour ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

That was what they were going for.  Its a noir.  Batman is supposed to dark.  Not that shit we got in the Schumacher movies 🤮

Sure, but it wouldn't have killed them to have a few scenes with daylight. 😉

53 minutes ago, SaveByRichter35 said:

Batman is mostly active at night lol.  Idk what to tell you.  

Nothing, it's fine. It's just a general annoyance with the dark in dark in black trend recently.

Book of Boba Fett was outright unwatchable at times, cause you couldn't see shit.

3 hours ago, H-Dreamer said:

Nothing, it's fine. It's just a general annoyance with the dark in dark in black trend recently.

Book of Boba Fett was outright unwatchable at times, cause you couldn't see shit.

I would agree, though, I don't know if The Batman is a good example. It's darker and highly desaturated, but I can't recall a scene that was too dark that anything important was obscured. I do agree that some films and shows tend to go overboard with darkness, though. I can probably think of the scene in Book of Boba Fett that you're referencing, and one of the first culprits that comes to mind is the "The Long Night" episode of Game of Thrones. I think filmmakers in general have been trying to for hyperrealism with both visual and sound, but they often go beyond what normal viewing conventions can offer. It's like how certain sound mixes have become so over complicated that the center channel audio gets drowned out to the point that dialogue is incoherent.

• TroCheckmark 1

• 2 weeks later...

I fucking love this movie.  I think going into it my biggest issue was Pattinson.  Him and the design of the suit.  I've probably watched this a good 4-5 times in the past two weeks.  I honestly think this movie is almost right there with The Dark Knight.  Not quite there, but not far behind.  I really look forward to what the sequels will bring.  I miss the thunderous score from Zimmer but I love how Something in the Way just goes so perfectly with this film.  Think I'll watch it again tonight when I get home from work 😆