• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#75) Rangers v. Pittsburgh Penguins // Fighting for Fifth Pick

Babcock's got 4 years left on his contract. That'll be an expensive firing.

Becuase money is suddenly a problem for the Maple Leafs!?

Also, his contract is voided the moment he signs with another club. He only continues to receive paychecks from Toronto as long as he remains there. In this hypothetical, the moment his signature scrolled the Sabres' contract, the Leafs are off the hook.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, his contract is voided the moment he signs with another club. He only continues to receive paychecks from Toronto as long as he remains there. In this hypothetical, the moment his signature scrolled the Sabres' contract, the Leafs are off the hook.

Of course it isn't. You'd just assume firing a coach with 4 years left on his contract would be something that would take an awful lot, and there are obviously no guarantees that he decides to walk straight back into another job. I guess if (when) they get pumped by the Bruins the knives will be out to such an extent that it'll happen anyway.

Of course it isn't. You'd just assume firing a coach with 4 years left on his contract would be something that would take an awful lot, and there are obviously no guarantees that he decides to walk straight back into another job. I guess if (when) they get pumped by the Bruins the knives will be out to such an extent that it'll happen anyway.

I think if the Leafs get swept in 4 games Babcock would be done. If Leafs lose in 6 or 7 games, with a couple of OT games in the series... it gets murkier. The NHL is better when Original Six hockey franchises are strong, so getting Detroit, Chicago, etc relevant helps the league.

I don’t see the leafs firing Babcock. Who is a better choice? Dubas is a wild card and I guess Matthews could get him fired. But the bruins are damn good and have a better team than the leafs. The leafs defense is bad. I’m not sure how that’s a Babcock problem.

I don’t see the leafs firing Babcock. Who is a better choice? Dubas is a wild card and I guess Matthews could get him fired. But the bruins are damn good and have a better team than the leafs. The leafs defense is bad. I’m not sure how that’s a Babcock problem.

They'd probably tap Sheldon Keefe.

I'd settle for just two points for Buffalo. I really can't see us falling behind NJ at this point. Lets just wrap up 5th worst

at the time I said this we were 6 points ahead of them with 2 games in hand.

Crazy house a couple of days can make a huge difference. 1 game in hand and 4 ahead with 6 games to go (5 for them) with one of them being against them.

Lets 'pass' NJ boys!

Archived