• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Howden Suffered MCL Sprain; Out Of Lineup "For A While"

Phil

I dont think we've been too hard on Howden. Some of these things have been said about him from the beginning. Its just more apparent to the everyone else, except Quinn - which leads to more comments.

I dont think anyone is, or should be "done" with either 20 year old, at this point. The same people calling Andersson a bust are also dreaming about 20 year old college players, so its more of a preference of personnel, rather than calling out a guy for not producing, which, I mean, you can. With being the only high draft pick the Rangers have iced in 20 years, he comes with the highest expectations, whether its fair to put those on him, is a different discussion, but can be frustrating, as a fan.

Howden was drafted 27th and Lias 7th. Like it or not, there's an expectation.

The difference between Howden and Andersson is as stark as the difference between Chytil and both of them. Howden shows signs of being a viable NHLer and Lias looks more like Lindberg.

I don't think anyone here is "done" with either of them but it's pretty clear, at least to me, that overall the Lias draft was underwhelming and he is pretty much a poster boy for it.

There is still 30plus games and almost ten weeks to go. Way to early to shit it down

well depends on the severity of it. My thought process with suggesting maybe to shut it down was, there's no reason to rush him back to maybe make the last few games of the year and risk aggravating anything. If it's a minor thing that would keep him out 2-3 weeks than for sure, bring him back. But 10 weeks left, if this is an 8 week injury, than I could see the value in just shutting it down and starting fresh next season.

There's certainly value in getting him back to try and end the season on a high note as well. I'm not committed to either side of that coin, just that it's worth a thought.

well depends on the severity of it. My thought process with suggesting maybe to shut it down was, there's no reason to rush him back to maybe make the last few games of the year and risk aggravating anything. If it's a minor thing that would keep him out 2-3 weeks than for sure, bring him back. But 10 weeks left, if this is an 8 week injury, than I could see the value in just shutting it down and starting fresh next season.

There's certainly value in getting him back to try and end the season on a high note as well. I'm not committed to either side of that coin, just that it's worth a thought.

Yea, I tend to agree with this. It's worth more to make sure he has a full, healthy offseason than it is to cram in another 4-5 games.

He's accomplished what he needs to accomplish this year. No sense in forcing anything else.

Archived