• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#39) Rangers vs. Pittsburgh Penguins // New Year, Same Shit

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw the last ten minutes of the second period (when the Penguins scored 4 goals, and the Rangers scored one) and the final score (family needed me for stuff). Penguins are an explosive team that buried their chances... they only had about 15 shots and 4 goals when I was watching. The Rangers are suspect defensively, and their goaltending didn't bail them out tonight.

The Rangers are the same team we've been watching for the past month... they faced an explosive team playing good hockey last night. Penguins/Capitals/Lightning are the kinds of teams the Rangers would have to beat in the ECF. They would have to survive two rounds of playoffs to get to the ECF.

NHL history has no. 8 teams or wild card teams making deep runs. So some in the fan base can hope for that scenario.

I want to rebuild.... not by selling vets for 25 cents on the dollar. But by getting fair value for players... and taking advantage of desperate teams looking to make trades to make the playoffs or make a deep playoff run.

Quinn is simply intent on playing Lunquist into the ground. He's going to end up with an absurd number of starts for a 37 year old by the end of the season.

With his salary, and given there aren't going to be a lot of back to back nights, that's a given. Can't get top dollar salary number and not expect to be depended on 65+ games this season. Unless he wants to talk to the Rangers NHLPA about adjusting his salary down a bunch, and that is never happening.

This team is thoroughly ass. Not even clean ass, either. Like just went for a jog and didn't really wipe 100% after shitting ass. It smells bad and everyone downwind of you knows it.

This should be mounted in the posting Hall of Fame!! Phil, dude...you win!! :rofl:

Whats the problem ,you want them to lose,they lost,still complain,for a team to lose most all their games,they have to play shitty ,mission accomplish

Lefty man, you're right, my good man! This team needs to lose, and we got what we needed. It's just so painful to watch, that our inner-most Ranger fan can't withstand such putrid efforts. I can't stand the fact that they're bordering on trying to make the playoffs as well; this team needs to shit the bed sooner than later.

I suppose for me, it's plays like where Buchnevich gets pushed off the puck by Letang, who barely even scratched him with his purse, and he goes in and leaves Hank's jock hanging on the crossbar. That kinda shit makes me wanna take a running start and jam my penis into an electric socket, while standing in a bucket of water. I'll be shocked if Buch doesn't sit next game...or more!!! That kid needs a serious ass kickin' to toughen him up.

I don't find watching this painful, at all. It was too be expected.

It's like watching your house get renovated. Yea it'll be a dump for a few months, but the finished product should be well worth it.

That Buch play wasn't painful to watch? LOL

You've got some thick skin my man!! :rofl: The rest I can handle....That was putrid though!

That Buch play wasn't painful to watch? LOL

You've got some thick skin my man!! :rofl: The rest I can handle....That was putrid though!

He likely won't be here when the team is ready to be taken seriously, so I'm not too concerned.

Whats the problem ,you want them to lose,they lost,still complain,for a team to lose most all their games,they have to play shitty ,mission accomplish

They haven't been losing enough. Last nights steaming pile of shit was a very good step in the right direction however. Credit where it's due :cheers:

If all the team does is lose doesn't that diminish the value of the players for possible trades ?

Hard questions need to be answered about this team's defense. They were unprepared for their competition which lies in the blame of the coaching staff.

If these mostly veteran players, need a coach to lead them by the nose, then something is entirely amiss in Blueshirt land!! The entire team played like poops!!!! Can't score in most games; always seem to look for the perfect play. Rely on the King to be the savior on most nites. Hardly ever put a meaningful hit on the opposition. Constantly dump and chase. Take countless, stupid penalties. Game is relatively simple; Skate, shoot, score, defend and play physically. Gonna get worse as the season progresses, imho.

Quinn is simply intent on playing Lunquist into the ground. He's going to end up with an absurd number of starts for a 37 year old by the end of the season.

Following All-Star selection, Rangers' Henrik Lundqvist pulled after allowing six goals vs. Penguins

Pittsburgh scored three goals in a span of 5:51 of the second period and six goals on just 18 shots against Lundqvist en route to a 7-2 victory.

Lundqvist blamed himself for the loss.

"Overall, I thought we played a pretty good game,? he said. ?The goaltending was not very good. Probably my worst game . . . To beat a team like Pittsburgh, obviously, you need better goaltending. It?s on me.?

Coach David Quinn put the kibosh on that idea and put the blame on his shoulders for playing Lundqvist after two tough wins in Nashville and St. Louis.

?No, it?s not,? the first-year NHL head coach said. ?Because it?s all on me. He never should have played. Huge mistake on my part putting him in that position. Two intense games in Nashville and St. Louis where he had to make a lot of saves, a lot of big ones, and he shouldn?t have played. It certainly is way more on me than it is on him to put him in that position. Lesson learned.?

https://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey/rangers/rangers-penguins-henrik-lundqvist-all-star-1.25415542

It’s amazing how Ranger fans want them loose this year again. They did that last year and Gortins draft picks were lousy. Get over it Hughes is going to the Coyotes or someone else. Most of all of you guys think Quinn is the type of coach to tank this season your NUTS. He has plans to make the playoffs. He would not have taking the job if they said we need you to tank this season

Archived