• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Should Not Trade Kevin Hayes

Phil

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So Howdens points haven’t been suppressed playing with Vesey and Namestnikov? Please provide something that says Hayes has always been a 70-point ceiling player. I have never heard that about him.

What exactly do you want me to provide? That's what I think about him.

Go look at Hayes' 5v5 p/60 numbers over the last few seasons. He's been elite in that category and paced 50 points with poor linemates and a heavy DZS. But at 5v5 he's always been a great chance driver and playmaker. Howden doesn't do anything for his linemates to mess up. Doesn't carry the puck, doesn't shoot. He's a solid 3c, and might develop a bit more scoring, but he's nowhere near as dynamic with the puck as Hayes.

And you're being too rigid with the point numbers. I'm not really saying that Howden will never score more than 45, but it's the type of role that a guy fills. Howden's not an offensive 2c, he's going to be a good checker and score some ugly ones. There might a year or two where that gives you 55 points, there might be some years where you only get 30. That's 3c production.

What exactly do you want me to provide? That's what I think about him.

Go look at Hayes' 5v5 p/60 numbers over the last few seasons. He's been elite in that category and paced 50 points with poor linemates and a heavy DZS. But at 5v5 he's always been a great chance driver and playmaker. Howden doesn't do anything for his linemates to mess up. Doesn't carry the puck, doesn't shoot. He's a solid 3c, and might develop a bit more scoring, but he's nowhere near as dynamic with the puck as Hayes.

And you're being too rigid with the point numbers. I'm not really saying that Howden will never score more than 45, but it's the type of role that a guy fills. Howden's not an offensive 2c, he's going to be a good checker and score some ugly ones. There might a year or two where that gives you 55 points, there might be some years where you only get 30. That's 3c production.

You didn't say you think he is a 70 point player, you said "He's always been a 70-point ceiling player." So saying that I am being too rigid with the point numbers is based off of what you responded to me. And Howden is pacing the same way Hayes has over his career. Everything your saying about Hayes is exactly what is going on with Howden. This is his first season in the NHL, and he is given less of a role than Hayes has, and is still playing well. He is used in a lot of defensive zone draws and coverage as well. Hayes has been a 50-55 point player his whole career, no reason why Howden can't become that same player.

Cool science, article talks about peak performance for "explosive power/sprint events" and "endurance events". As has been said before, that's not what makes Hayes' game. Hayes' game is body positioning, puck control, vision, and hockey IQ.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

And just like other players who rely on those tools......there is a career decline starting at age 27. Age 30 it starts to become a sharp decline.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

You didn't say you think he is a 70 point player, you said "He's always been a 70-point ceiling player." So saying that I am being too rigid with the point numbers is based off of what you responded to me. And Howden is pacing the same way Hayes has over his career. Everything your saying about Hayes is exactly what is going on with Howden. This is his first season in the NHL, and he is given less of a role than Hayes has, and is still playing well. He is used in a lot of defensive zone draws and coverage as well. Hayes has been a 50-55 point player his whole career, no reason why Howden can't become that same player.

Howden isn't even as close to as good as Hayes was in his first year.

I know.

If in 2 years Howden looks like Hayes did, then the discussion could change. But I don't think Howden has shown any playmaking instinct.

I've seen enough playmaking, Future!!!

I wanna see shots on goal! :rofl:

...and hits....well, that's another story...but yeah...Shots on goal for sure.....and rebounds...driving to the net; Stuff like that.

This perimeter horseshit is making me wanna put my foot through the screen.

I know.

If in 2 years Howden looks like Hayes did, then the discussion could change. But I don't think Howden has shown any playmaking instinct.

Two different players, we have no idea what Howden is yet. He?s light years ahead of Hayes at same age.....

But, Hayes had higher offensive potential IMO

I see Howden as a 3rd like centerman

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I've seen enough playmaking, Future!!!

I wanna see shots on goal! :rofl:

...and hits....well, that's another story...but yeah...Shots on goal for sure.....and rebounds...driving to the net; Stuff like that.

This perimeter horseshit is making me wanna put my foot through the screen.

Well, that's a problem with the entire NHL then, not just the Rangers lol

True man!!

I watched a the Golden Knights game against the Coyotes the other night and it's the same shit. What a snoozer!!!

Nobody shoots !!! NOBODY...it's all passing, and then a turnover....or a deflected pass outta the zone.

Archived