• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#30) Rangers at Tampa Bay Lightning // Hello Darkness, Our Old Friends

Phil

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If this game is a barometer for how far the Rangers have to go to build a contender, buckle up, boys. It's gonna be years.

They always suck in Florida in December. Surprised they got 2 points with a chance for more.

But yeah, a ways to go. TB is skating with a purpose. Rangers are chasing the play.

They always suck in Florida in December. Surprised they got 2 points with a chance for more.

But yeah, a ways to go. TB is skating with a purpose. Rangers are chasing the play.

What I mean is, if Tampa is the gold standard for what a contender looks like (they are), the Rangers are roughly six defenders, one franchise forward, and two high-scoring top-six forwards away from being even remotely close to their template. That's what, four, five years of work?

What I mean is, if Tampa is the gold standard for what a contender looks like (they are), the Rangers are roughly six defenders, one franchise forward, and two high-scoring top-six forwards away from being even remotely close to their template. That's what, four, five years of work?

Probably I would say the missing pieces you call out is pretty accurate along with the timeline and cross your fingers on a goalie by then.

Cue the Pionk fan club.

Hughes, Panarin, Kravtsov and a bunch of D we just drafted

*shakes wand*

tenor.gif?itemid=10177252

Archived