• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hurricanes Reportedly Want Top-Six Forward 'ASAP'

Phil

Nope.

Well, you only look at Corsi and I gave 3 other categories, but whatever.

Pesce is one of the only player on the Canes who is on the + side of the ledger, and I know we all like to cling to Corsi and shit on +/-, but when one guy is +4 and another guy -8, that's a something to note. Slavin is also -13, make of that what you will.

Vlasic or Tanev might be a good comparable, but especially with Vlasic you're de-valuing him and over-valuing Hayes. Pesce is cost known and fills a need (stability on D). I don't think I really want to pay Hayes what he's going to get, and obviously the deal would probably not be 1:1, anyway.

Yep. Only variance is that they fucked around with Stamkos for the first couple games of the season.

OZS and DZS aren't performance related and don't tell how a player is playing unless you use shot metrics to qualify them. "One of the only" is pretty misleading, since half of their defense (de Haan (1st in +/-, 1st in PDO) and Faulk(3rd in +/-, 3rd in PDO) are both positive as well. +/- is lar product of PDO, where Pesce is numero dos in both categories of their regulars.

I'm not saying don't trade Hayes, I'm just saying that Pesce is a low return for him. If you move Hayes, you absolutely have to get upside back. Pesce is a fine enough complimentary player, but he doesn't move the needle for this organization, so what is really the point?

I'm not saying don't trade Hayes, I'm just saying that Pesce is a low return for him. If you move Hayes, you absolutely have to get upside back. Pesce is a fine enough complimentary player, but he doesn't move the needle for this organization, so what is really the point?

Pesce is a huge return for a rental and there is no chance of Carolina flipping him for Hayes.

I’m not sure how you think we’ll get a player who “moves the needle” for him tbh, we’re talking a 1st and one or two prospects.

Why? Because it shows that Point-Kucherov is the actual first line? lol

Do you.

ES TOI to date doesn't indicate who the first line is today.

It's also a stupid thing to argue over since the entire point is that being on the "second line" on Tampa is like being "behind" Hamilton and Faulk. They're great players, so the fact pesce slots in behind them doesn't make him "third pair" on most teams.

But the fact you're willing to argue over the semantic makes me not want to waste time on it.

ES TOI to date doesn't indicate who the first line is today.

It's also a stupid thing to argue over since the entire point is that being on the "second line" on Tampa is like being "behind" Hamilton and Faulk. They're great players, so the fact pesce slots in behind them doesn't make him "third pair" on most teams.

But the fact you're willing to argue over the semantic makes me not want to waste time on it.

That's exactly what it does. I actually scaled back into October because, if I only went since, say November 1, you would have just said "this doesn't account for the whole season." The numbers are more distinct the closer you get to today. Nov. 15 to current Dec 1 to current

I know it's semantic, and I didn't disagree with your point.

A canes' 1st has potential to be very valuable. They'd be a curveball trade partner considering I can't recall a single trade we've made with them, but I think they're a good fit.

Eric Staal

Speaking of which, remember when everyone freaked out because Saarela had 10 points in 9 games for the Checkers after the trade? Still hasn't played an NHL game.

Eric Staal

Speaking of which, remember when everyone freaked out because Saarela had 10 points in 9 games for the Checkers after the trade? Still hasn't played an NHL game.

Ah true. Jeez, that trade was so useless I completely forgot about it.

I think people freaked out because Saarela was supposed to be our best prospect.... Really fucking sad statement there.

Archived