• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#27) Rangers at Montreal Canadiens // Quelque Chose Fran?ais

High and Wide

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Smith isn't great. But at the same time, it kind of doesn't matter this year... in fact bad, is okay.

Agree but at the same time it appears like a shit return on another Gorton contract. I just don't have the faith some of you guys have that the guy has the ability to rebuild this mess.

Agree but at the same time it appears like a shit return on another Gorton contract. I just don't have the faith some of you guys have that the guy has the ability to rebuild this mess.

The fact that he had the foresight to tear it down gives me hope. I feel like there are a lot of spineless GMs who would have continued to kick the can down the road until Hank retired to appease Dolan.

That said, there are a few deals that I just flat out don't like. I liked the Smith signing when it happened. I thought he brought a good element to the team when he came over from Detroit. I think Smith just let everyone down.

I think the Skjei signing was a mistake and I think the Shattenkirk signing was a mistake. The McQuaid deal is puzzling as well.

Another draft with a top 10 pick will cement his legacy and a #1 overall pick will change everything. Time will tell if he fucks it up or not.

The fact that he had the foresight to tear it down gives me hope. I feel like there are a lot of spineless GMs who would have continued to kick the can down the road until Hank retired to appease Dolan.

That said, there are a few deals that I just flat out don't like. I liked the Smith signing when it happened. I thought he brought a good element to the team when he came over from Detroit. I think Smith just let everyone down.

I think the Skjei signing was a mistake and I think the Shattenkirk signing was a mistake. The McQuaid deal is puzzling as well.

Another draft with a top 10 pick will cement his legacy and a #1 overall pick will change everything. Time will tell if he fucks it up or not.

I'm with you 31.

Agreed this team needs to find a way to get some elite talent otherwise it?s the last 10 years all over again.

Never liked smith and have always hated that signing. Not the biggest Shattenkirk fan but at least I understand the thinking on that one.

Otherwise I agree. Tearing it down before it was in ruins was a great move. Also really love the Quinn hiring.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived