• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

The Shattenkirk Conundrum

Phil

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Miller didnt get that much PP time, Nash was mostly second unit, and according to Twitter, Buchnevich was always a healthy scratch.

And how many games has Zuccarello missed? 5?

I don't care what changes, but something needs to change with the PP right now. I'm going to start using that as time to take the dog out, again.

Miller was 6th in PPTOI/G and tied for 3rd on the team in PP goals. Nash wasn't that effective, but he's still a big step up from Howden/Namestnikov.

If you're talking about changes right now, it's Buch, who was 4th in PPTOI/G last year, and Zucc.

It's too early in the year to worry about PP% anyways. If the Rangers go 3 for 3 in their next game, they'll be all the way up to 23.6% and 11th in the league.

Behold the beauty of being able to sign Shattenkirk for three years rather than the six other teams were apparently offering. Even if he doesn't get his game where it should be, it's not big deal with next year the last on his contract. It's nothing like the Girardi, Staal, Richards [and Callahan] situations where the contract [or potential contract] was for a long as the eye can see.

4 years. He has two more left after this year. And his contract is no bargain it?s an albatross. The guy is terrible

Right, though I think Sod was pointing out that we didn't give him the term that guys like Alzner, G or Staal got. We can toss that Albatross, from our neck to the sea, sooner.

As for Yandle, he's been a very valuable player for Florida, playing a big role. He is so much better than Shatty, there is no comparison. He's averaging a point per game. He is part of why Florida looks a lot better than their record. Their top 4 are strong. Too bad that team can't get a break (healthwise). That Trocheck injury really sucks. I still think by season's end they will be among the top 3 in the division.

How many 'character guys' or 'good leaders for the young troops' do you need?

Honestly, you can't have too many. How many of those players do they even have? In a season where the money doesn't matter, I'm not sure why anyone is upset about his contract. If they were trying to play for the SC, I could see the need to potentially clear space.

PS what the hell happened to McQuaid? Seems like they just disappeared him.

Honestly, you can't have too many. How many of those players do they even have? In a season where the money doesn't matter, I'm not sure why anyone is upset about his contract. If they were trying to play for the SC, I could see the need to potentially clear space.

...He sleeps with the fishes! :rofl:

Dude, up and vanished like a fart in the breeze of late!

Good points. He got Luca Brasi'd. :paddle:

Robidas Island.

https://nypost.com/2018/11/29/rangers-put-up-another-road-stinker/

He (Quinn) decided to bench Kevin Shattenkirk for the entire third period.

“That’ll be between Kevin and I,” Quinn said, before being directly asked if the benching was a result of Shattenkirk’s play.

I didn''t notice Shattenkirk rode the bench for the entire 3rd period.

https://nypost.com/2018/12/01/david-quinn-kevin-shattenkirk-are-ready-to-move-on/

the reactive benching that Quinn, immediately following the game, made clear was other than for performance reasons. In fact, Shattenkirk led the Rangers with 13:58 of ice time through the first 40 minutes and was among the least of the problems in the lackluster effort.

But The Post has learned that an emotional Shattenkirk said something on the bench toward the end of the second period the coach deemed out of order. And so Quinn immediately sat the 29-year-old with whom he has had a close relationship for more than a decade.

Ottawa scored with 3 min left in the third. Probably said something aboot one of the guys on the play. Deangelo and Skjei out there. Can’t see the forward though.

It was reported he said something at the end of the 2nd period, not 3rd. Why are you always trying to implicate Skjei in your speculation?

The fact that this guy has to disciplined for comments made on the bench during a game totally dismissed the idea that he’s there to help tutor the kids. So now what is his purpose? His play sucks and now he’s tutoring by showing the kids what not to do and how not to act. It’s ridiculous. This guy sucks and this supposed hometown discount looks more and more like a heist. He’s inching closer to redden territory by the game.

The fact that this guy has to disciplined for comments made on the bench during a game totally dismissed the idea that he?s there to help tutor the kids. So now what is his purpose? His play sucks and now he?s tutoring by showing the kids what not to do and how not to act. It?s ridiculous. This guy sucks and this supposed hometown discount looks more and more like a heist. He?s inching closer to redden territory by the game.

Archived