• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#22) Rangers vs New York Islanders // There's No Place Like Strome

Phil

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a great performance. It's been a long while since I've seen a Rangers performance like that.

Come out on fire and punch them right in the mouth, and then proceed to shut it down with a thoroughly professional approach. Fucking pinch me.

I think people are being far too harsh on Andersson. He did a lot of good things as the 4th line C. Winning battles, blocking shots, working tirelessly. Basically doing what it says on the tin. After the lines where moved around he showed a lot more on the o-zone too. Imo expectations of him has to be as a good, dependable, 2-way C who's going to be an excellent 3rd line/checking line player. It seems as if people are expecting him to drive play on his own, and that's simply not in his locker.

It would probably be beneficial to just pretend Chytil was picked at #7 and Lias at #21. The end result is a high end talent and a dependable 2 way c with two first round picks. That's a good haul.

That's a great performance. It's been a long while since I've seen a Rangers performance like that.

Come out on fire and punch them right in the mouth, and then proceed to shut it down with a thoroughly professional approach. Fucking pinch me.

I think people are being far too harsh on Andersson. He did a lot of good things as the 4th line C. Winning battles, blocking shots, working tirelessly. Basically doing what it says on the tin. After the lines where moved around he showed a lot more on the o-zone too. Imo expectations of him has to be as a good, dependable, 2-way C who's going to be an excellent 3rd line/checking line player. It seems as if people are expecting him to drive play on his own, and that's simply not in his locker.

It would probably be beneficial to just pretend Chytil was picked at #7 and Lias at #21. The end result is a high end talent and a dependable 2 way c with two first round picks. That's a good haul.

Andersson struggled during the first part of the game, but really picked it up once he was rotating through lines.

Andersson struggled during the first part of the game, but really picked it up once he was rotating through lines.

I don't know that he struggled, apart from one poor give away. It's just that he doesn't have the game to generate offense by himself on a line like that, so he's left with grinding, which he does pretty well. It's clearly unremarkable stuff, but he's doing a good job imo.

I'm sorry but you can't rationalize that.

What we really should have is Middlestadt and Chytil.

Getting a third line checking center at #7 is a gong show.

I'm sorry but you can't rationalize that.

What we really should have is Middlestadt and Chytil.

Getting a third line checking center at #7 is a gong show.

Absolutely, but the overall result of a #7 and #21 pick is good is my point. More by luck than design, clearly.

It might be better for your peace of mind to think about it that way.

Archived