• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Time for a Changing of the Guard?

Ozzy

Wash your mouth.

It's a POWER PLAY goal! A foreigner whose name I cannot pronounce but I'll take a swing at anyway takes a shot! A guy I have mixed up with someone else is on the puck! Although I can't see the puck, WHERE IS IT!

Gotta love the old bastard.

"Off the post" - Sam Rosen

Possibilities of what actually happened:

Blocked in front, deflected out of play

Goal (never hit the post)

Glove save

Hahaha yep. Or the delayed goal call...

you know john, we're been having all sorts of crazy weather here and someone was telling me...he crosses the blue line, he shoots...

3 seconds of dead air...

Is it in? I think it's in the net!

Like damn dude...

So are you, but you're a legend and you can still until you're ready to go. ;)

haha :cheers:

We all did bud. I can still hear the ‘psssst’ when Bill popped open another can of beer. LOL.

Is that what THAT was??? I thought he let one go in the booth!!! :rofl:

Those in between period interviews were hilarious sometimes. I still remember the one with Sheldon Kannegeiser where he was so bombed he fucked up his name 3 times!

I'm willing to overlook Sam's occasional (though admittedly ever more frequent) flubs in exchange for the enthusiasm he brings and the nostalgic "happy place" vibe that Dunny referenced that Sam engenders. His voice is made for broadcasting. Still get chills when he yells "he scores!" or "Rangers win!" Hell, he could call every single name and play wrong the entire game and I wouldn't give a shit because I have two eyes perfectly capable of telling me what actually happened. I'm willing to make the tradeoff for the great voice and the homerism.

I've met Giannone several times. He's like the nicest dude on Earth, and I wish him all the best. My understanding from talking to him is that the job is his to lose. That said, I think it would be a colossal mistake. He just doesn't have the voice for it. It's all about the voice when it comes to broadcasting for me. I would absolutely take Kenny Albert and Dave Maloney for that exact reason.

Don't ever leave Sam. Don't ever leave. Don't stick us with Jay-G, please.

Giannone did the radio broadcast yesterday and wasn't bad at all. First time I've heard him do that. I think he's more suited for that actually.

I agree with this. I think I?ve heard him make the radio call before, many years ago and thought he was pretty good.

That job between the benches is a sweetheart plum job - boy that would be fun! Right on top of the action and hearing all of that chatter? Priceless!!

I wonder if after Sam does relinquish his staranglehold on the booth, would they entertain someone from outside the "box" so to speak. I mean like a total outside name form either another team or even another sport. I think, and I'm not positive but Sam used to work for a news channel first...either WPIX or WINS...I'm not 100% on that though.

Somehow I think Espo is still doing TB games.

I don't carry the sentimental value that Sam brings, I think the speed of the game has passed him by and I find myself addicted to pointing out his gaffes. Hoping he moves along soon but I highly doubt it.

Somehow I think Espo is still doing TB games.

I don't carry the sentimental value that Sam brings, I think the speed of the game has passed him by and I find myself addicted to pointing out his gaffes. Hoping he moves along soon but I highly doubt it.

I hear ya JS. It's just becoming more and more evident every game now. That's kinda the reason for the thread. Sam during his hey day was simply great....and yes he's a legendary Rangers Broadcaster in every sense of the word. But nowadays I feel he's the 20,000 pound elephant in the room.

I think the crew is right; I suppose it's his job to lose at this point, and I can only guess they have no one else in mind to take his place at this point.

I've heard John Gianone, and I think he's pretty capable. His goal calls are pretty decent and he's only about a half second behind the play call...which is leaps better than what we're getting now. I don't mind Micheletti, and I think he's actually holding the broadcast together right now. Who knows, maybe even another announcer...but I think they gotta do something up there!

What do you think, fellas?

Giannone sucks. Please no not him.

I've met Giannone several times. He's like the nicest dude on Earth, and I wish him all the best. My understanding from talking to him is that the job is his to lose. That said, I think it would be a colossal mistake. He just doesn't have the voice for it. It's all about the voice when it comes to broadcasting for me. I would absolutely take Kenny Albert and Dave Maloney for that exact reason.

Don't ever leave Sam. Don't ever leave. Don't stick us with Jay-G, please.

I just threw up in my mouth.

This is the worst news of 2018. :(

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Seriously

I will say one thing for certain....

After watching the Vic Hadfield ceremony last night, I have to say that Sam Rosen is one of the best Master of Ceremonies I've heard. He has a great touch with on the mic, and his voice inflection is genuine. Even though I'm sure all the info is written down, he has a delivery that is second to none.

I really liked the event last night and it was great to see all those guys I grew up watching as a little kid.

Good Christ! Teddy Irvine, Jimmy "The Chief" Neilsen and even Billy Fairbairn!!! I almost peed myself!!

I will say one thing for certain....

After watching the Vic Hadfield ceremony last night, I have to say that Sam Rosen is one of the best Master of Ceremonies I've heard. He has a great touch with on the mic, and his voice inflection is genuine. Even though I'm sure all the info is written down, he has a delivery that is second to none.

I really liked the event last night and it was great to see all those guys I grew up watching as a little kid.

Good Christ! Teddy Irvine, Jimmy "The Chief" Neilsen and even Billy Fairbairn!!! I almost peed myself!!

I'm with you on this Ozzy Sam was very good last night and loved seeing the players I used to watch also.

Archived