• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#9) Rangers vs. Florida Panthers // RAWR XD

High and Wide

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This game we saw

Good goaltending

Great pp. scoring goals, getting chances

Good pk. Let in a goal, scored one, but wasnt a weak spot

Good defensive structure in their own zone

Controlled the play a lot. I don’t look at possession stats, but they always seemed to be controlling play

They capitalized on opportunities

Should take some stress off players and coaches for a bit.

This game we saw

Good goaltending

Great pp. scoring goals, getting chances

Good pk. Let in a goal, scored one, but wasnt a weak spot

Good defensive structure in their own zone

Controlled the play a lot. I don?t look at possession stats, but they always seemed to be controlling play

They capitalized on opportunities

Should take some stress off players and coaches for a bit.

Seemed to also be strong in the neutral zone at least until FL's final push.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Seemed to also be strong in the neutral zone at least until FL's final push.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Great call.

They had good structure in all zones, through the majority of the game. Early on we mentioned them playing boring hockey, next period, they came out with the same structure but skated and stepped it up. Changed the game.

I'm ready to anoint Pionk as the team's best defender. No one else is as good on both side of the puck as this kid is. His play to Zib on the PP goal was incredible. His confidence is evident.
Quinn apparently thinks so too. He cleared Skjei's TOI by 2.5 min and played both PP1 and PK1.

I'm ready to anoint Pionk as the team's best defender. No one else is as good on both side of the puck as this kid is. His play to Zib on the PP goal was incredible. His confidence is evident.

Decided to give Pionk's D the white glove test last night and scrutinize any weak aspect. Watch him like a hawk and be critical, since he was on the top pair.

I got nothing. His D was excellent, did not see one misstep. He stuffed Barkov completely on one shift, then later got the better of him on Z's goal. He used his stick effectively to get/keep the puck away from the crease and slot. His poke check neutralized two rushes, was never out of position and moved the puck out of the zone or danger zones routinely. Granted, that was an excellent defensive game by the team. They managed to neuter Florida for 2 periods with what seemed like a blueline trap.

Did McQuaid's time in the pressbox motivate him to block more shots. Give the guy credit, he may not be fast, but that was definitely his most solid game defensively. And it wasn't just the shot-blocking. Maybe the rest is what really helped, and keeping him off the top pair. Or that Dubas was in the building. McQ and Zuc for Kap looks better today.

ZZdontsuc

Nine games. Will Chytil get sent down?

I don't think 9 games matters for him. MSG reported Gorton stating that Chytil is in the right place (NYC). Doesn't seem like they will send him down. The downside, as was mentioned, is he needs to get his confidence going and that is a lot easier to do in Hartford.

That aside, I hope everyone sees how good he is and how much more development he has ahead of him. He is far from a finished product and that is meant as a high compliment. He just turned 19 and you can name 10 areas of growth for him, w/o breaking a sweat. It would be good to see him pot one soon.

Archived