• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#8) Rangers vs. Calgary Flames // Flame On

Drew a Penalty

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was still fun. The future looks promising. Give Chytil a year or so and he is going to grow into a top line player. He just needs time, he's still developing big time. And he really has a lot of upside. The move to the wing was smart, he's actually able to work on his D w/o the pressure of playing C and it gets him more ice time in the top 6/9.

Pionk is for real. He has the potential to be a valuable top 4 defender on a top team. He's getting better defensively, give him another year to be completely reliable. Offensively, his speed, skill and shot are already on display. He's flashing the potential to be a dominant puck possession dman. As that comes around, he will be dangerous.

That was still fun. The future looks promising. Give Chytil a year or so and he is going to grow into a top line player. He just needs time, he's still developing big time. And he really has a lot of upside. The move to the wing was smart, he's actually able to work on his D w/o the pressure of playing C and it gets him more ice time in the top 6/9.

Pionk is for real. He has the potential to be a valuable top 4 defender on a top team. He's getting better defensively, give him another year to be completely reliable. Offensively, his speed, skill and shot are already on display. He's flashing the potential to be a dominant puck possession dman. As that comes around, he will be dangerous.

Amen brother!

I really want to see Lias Anderson on MSG ice. I thought he was deserving of playing on this Ranger team. I also think Ron Duguay got a raw deal and want him back on the broadcast. Steve V. talks and dissects the Rangers in his own opinion and not mine and talks way too much and I won't watch the post game with him there.

Quinn summed it up, “We need to be more opportunistic. Shoot the puck quicker and stop holding it so long.”

I like the direction and philosophy.Finishing matters. Don't care about "good looks" or the shot clock as much as scoring. The finishing will come with the younger guys if they follow through.

Hayes, Zucc, Vesey; still trying to slow the play down, make the extra pass, look for the perfect shot. Things move too fast for that. Understand that these guys get ice time for trade value, and there's no point complaining, it is what it is. But their collective failure is how we got here.And simply doing that if you don't finish is not the same as carrying the play or dominating. Teams have seen it on tape, it's been scouted and they're happy to let you keep passing it around and slowing it down to get more defenders back and the goalie time to set up.

I like the direction and philosophy.Finishing matters. Don't care about "good looks" or the shot clock as much as scoring. The finishing will come with the younger guys if they follow through.

Hayes, Zucc, Vesey; still trying to slow the play down, make the extra pass, look for the perfect shot. Things move too fast for that. Understand that these guys get ice time for trade value, and there's no point complaining, it is what it is. But their collective failure is how we got here.And simply doing that if you don't finish is not the same as carrying the play or dominating. Teams have seen it on tape, it's been scouted and they're happy to let you keep passing it around and slowing it down to get more defenders back and the goalie time to set up.

Yes, inability to finish was a huge factor, yesterday.

I think we were hoping that the vets could produce a bit more, on a regular basis, to allow the kids the chance to continue to grow. I don’t think we’ve seen that as much as we need to, regardless of state of the team in a rebuild. Was personally hoping the college boys would step up under Quinn, but hey - I’m told to be patient.

I wonder what they're saying about patience in Buffalo, Arizona, Edmonton...

Seems to me like you're most likely to become a perennial loser when doing a full rebuild than a perennial contender.

Those three teams have been awful for 5+ years. Not 1+.

Wonder what Toronto has to say, Winnipeg...That said they are 2 sides of the barbell. Many teams fall in middle like Calgary, Colorado, etc.

I’m not sure I can see an alternative to patience.

The roster is completely shit and even Scotty Bowman at the height of his powers would struggle to do anything at all with it. No option but to settle in and hope for a couple of high picks and our prospects panning out.

I’m not sure I can see an alternative to patience.

The roster is completely shit and even Scotty Bowman at the height of his powers would struggle to do anything at all with it. No option but to settle in and hope for a couple of high picks and our prospects panning out.

A couple top-end players completely changes the outlook. Forward + a defenseman, bumps everyone down in the pecking order, adds production, taking off pressure of youngsters while assisting a boost in production among vets.

Ottawa went from a cup contender to a lottery pick after Karlsson got hurt.

A couple top-end players completely changes the outlook. Forward + a defenseman, bumps everyone down in the pecking order, adds production, taking off pressure of youngsters while assisting a boost in production among vets.

Ottawa went from a cup contender to a lottery pick after Karlsson got hurt.

Ottawa was never a cup contender. They had stars align and teams like us give them a pass.

Archived