• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

[RS] (#7) Rangers @ Washington Capitals // Drain the Swamp

Phil

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team doesn't stop working, and that's a well earned point in a divisional road game vs. the champs.

So f___in' done with Hayes and Vesey. At this point they get ice time strictly to boost their deadline value. And in some ways they're even hurting that. There is talent, but neither of these guys finish enough to justify having them in the top 9.

Think the world of Zucc but he has to get deprogrammed from the AV perfect overpassing nonsense.

And pull his head out of his ass on the game winner. He’s floating this season. He has to engage more. The passing is part of his game you can’t change. He used to be tenacious and hard on the forecheck.

Vesey has been good. I don’t get it. He’s not mike bossy and he’s only playing as much because of what’s on the roster. Hayes can look great and just as awful on the same shift. No love for either but both are in situations over their head

And pull his head out of his ass on the game winner. He?s floating this season. He has to engage more. The passing is part of his game you can?t change. He used to be tenacious and hard on the forecheck.

Vesey has been good. I don?t get it. He?s not mike bossy and he?s only playing as much because of what?s on the roster. Hayes can look great and just as awful on the same shift. No love for either but both are in situations over their head

Actually agree with you. My problem with Vesey, and Hayes to an extent, is not scoring when given great opportunities. Hayes has just been outright poor IMO, and Zucc has been out of sorts.

The worry is, Zucc and Hayes arguably warrant a 1st round pick at the deadline, with or without prospects, so any drop in play hinders the rebuild somewhat. At least you know what you get with Vesey, at half the cap hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Actually agree with you. My problem with Vesey, and Hayes to an extent, is not scoring when given great opportunities. Hayes has just been outright poor IMO, and Zucc has been out of sorts.

The worry is, Zucc and Hayes arguably warrant a 1st round pick at the deadline, with or without prospects, so any drop in play hinders the rebuild somewhat. At least you know what you get with Vesey, at half the cap hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Imagine scouts are seeing all this. Again, trade value wise, who is paying serious assets for these guys?

Right now looks like the ice is tilted. Ovechkin is gonna Ovechkin though. Talent wise this is not a fair fight.
Rangers definitely brought the proverbial knife to a gunfight in terms of talent. Still, they took the champs to OT. Quinn is getting a lot out of what he has to work with.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Legit awful and invisible.

Never wanted to trade him but he’s beyond disiniterested.

He visibly didn’t bother to take his man on the game winner. Like he just didn’t give a shit. Too bad because they played an inspired game. If that’s leadership then they’d be better off getting rid of him now.

In analyzing a team I don't look at what happens in the skills competition. We are now 0-4-3 in regulation, with the Carolina game being the only really bad one. We just don't have the players that the better teams have. Continued good efforts and the lines sorting themselves out should make for an increasingly competitive team but probably not one in the playoff picture.

In analyzing a team I don't look at what happens in the skills competition. We are now 0-4-3 in regulation, with the Carolina game being the only really bad one. We just don't have the players that the better teams have. Continued good efforts and the lines sorting themselves out should make for an increasingly competitive team but probably not one in the playoff picture.

And that is worst possible outcome... Either make the playoffs or finish last. I want a top 3 pick!

Perfect as long as they get in the top 3

A lot of fight in a lot of guys tonight! Definitely looking forward to these games of late. ...and yes, I adore Quinn's approach! Like a breath of fresh air.

Can anyone get a face off record on Hayes last night??? Good christ he's fucking TERRIBLE; I think he lost every faceoff in the 3rd period....please....someone, if you find that, I'm curious!

Brady Skjei makes so many pussy plays not to take a hit, and who the hell was he covering when he was screening Hank...What the hell was that???

Pionk was awesome last night. I'm really liking his progress. Kid's got some game!!!

I still like Howden...can't help it...that's my boy!!

Buch had more jump last night...he got the message...for one game anyway.

Hank has been absolutely superb so far this season

Claesson is a good find. He's been pretty solid back there.

anyone get a face off record on Hayes last night??? I can't seem to find it anywhere...all I get is 38%...which is bullshit. He lost the last 9 faceoffs he took in the game including OT.

I swear he went 2 for 25 or something like that!

Archived