• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Shattenkirk – Healthy Scratch Thursday?

Giacomin

Their D sucks, but that's not why you'd trade for him. You'd trade for him if you think he can make the PP better - which in EDMs case is true. So that's a potential team. But with EDM, you run into all of the other factors, like the fact that they suck as a whole and won't likely be buyers at the deadline...plus there's the chance that Shatty has EDM on his NMC.

This is the problem with trying to trade him. He's a defenseman who...can't defend. When WAS traded for him, they had no point man on the PP and were a contender. That's the only type of team he makes sense to, and there just aren't many of them right now, especially not enough to drive up the cost to the point where it would be worth it for the Rangers to retain.

Take Lucic back send them Namestnikov and Shattenkirk ask for a top prospect or a 1st.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Take Lucic back send them Namestnikov and Shattenkirk ask for a top prospect or a 1st.

Those 2 extra years of Lucic will be a killer. At least with Shattenkirk, he comes off the books the same time at Staal, Lundqvist... and some other thot I'm drawing a blank on

He also spoke to a few other issues. On not being a tough guy and punitive, but reasoned. He's reasonable, admits there are times he takes into account that a player has some bank. He is not going to bench guys for making a mistake. Yet he does have a serious message to the team, no tolerance or excuse for lack of effort. He's showing he is flexible, even situational, about some things. Yet firm, clear and consistent about others.

Since he communicates these things well, the players can't mistake where he is coming from and what is expected.

With his clear communication all around, Quinn has earned bank with us fans. I don?t think every single instance is as cut and dried as we would like to think. Overall, I give this guy total thumbs up. He?s earned some room to manage as he sees it...even to make a mistake or two on his own. Let?s see how he manages the bench, ice time and pine after 12-15 games and maybe even 20. I?m sure he?ll have a pretty good idea what this team is by then and will ice the team giving us the best chance for a W. No reason to doubt him at this point. It?s our first win and only game 4. Plenty of hockey to be played.

Archived