• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Re-Sign F Cody McLeod to 1-Year/$750K Extension

Phil

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am floored. Someone previously posted that they had re-signed this guy as an April Fools joke, and everyone immediately identified it as such! What a bone headed move. It's not harmless. Every minute he plays is a minute someone else is not playing. He was absolutely terrible during an extended try out last year. Why? Why?

Why is everyone freaking out? If he even makes the team I doubt he sees any significant time to even matter in the long run. Plus that cap hit is nothing.

Besides we?re clearly aiming for that first overall pick :)

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Because it's July and freaking out over 4th liners is annual summer tradition here.

That's not entirely true, though. It's financially irrelevant, but he's horrific in all three zones at, you know, playing hockey. If he ends up playing a good portion of games and ends up running shotgun to someone like Andersson, that's going to negatively impact Andersson's growth.

Ita also a contract against the team that we don't need.

John McEnroe (a Rangers fan) reacts to Jeff Gorton's signing of Cody Mcleod

Why are we freaking out? Because when the GM re-signs the least effective player in a Rangers uniform in anyone's memory, it says something about the GM that has onerous implications for the franchise.

Onerous implications for the franchise? It's one year!

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The fact that he would re-sign the least effective player in anyone's memory AT ALL is what is troubling. Heck, for $700K he could hire an army of scouts to cover every bantam game in Siberia for the next ten years and maybe uncover one player who turns out to be a good third liner.

Because it's July and freaking out over 4th liners is annual summer tradition here.

This.

Who cares. If the kids are good enough, he won't even see the ice. If they're not good enough, this season is a tank job. It doesn't matter. Like, at all.

This.

Who cares. If the kids are good enough, he won't even see the ice. If they're not good enough, this season is a tank job. It doesn't matter. Like, at all.

Then why even give him a contract? Why not give him a PTO instead? It's a waste of money and time.

And it'll matter if Quinn skates him 12:00 a night on Andersson's wing. That's called arrested development.

The fact that he would re-sign the least effective player in anyone's memory AT ALL is what is troubling. Heck, for $700K he could hire an army of scouts to cover every bantam game in Siberia for the next ten years and maybe uncover one player who turns out to be a good third liner.
Because the Rangers don't have the money to do that anyway?

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Sure, but anyone you saddle McLeod with is going to be lugging him around. It's it Glass issue all over again. Supremely bad players drags down anyone near him.

So again do we really care about a filler 4th line of Beleskey - Holland - McLeod?

I want any kids that make the team to be getting top 9 minutes, with a role, and some responsibility, not buried on the 4th line on a team that's likely to be trailing a lot.

If you didn't see this coming by the interest in Reaves and Komarov, I don't know what to tell you.

Rooks would gain more by playing 20 in htfd than 6 in NY.

That's an assumption.

Also, sheltered doesnt mean less.

No sense throwing Chytil against Crosby and Ovechkin lines, though. Let Hayes get those assignments, Chytil gets a third line, and Ronning can get 10-12 minutes playing on the 4th line, while getting some PP time.

Archived