• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

First Round Reactions

Fatfrancesa

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be fair, I wanted him a little later, using the other picks to move up to 12-15 spot.

But, even since then his stock continued to rise, so I don't blame them for taking him @ 9. Fuck, I was stoked.

There's really not much else to say, it's time to produce.

To be fair, I wanted him a little later, using the other picks to move up to 12-15 spot.

But, even since then his stock continued to rise, so I don't blame them for taking him @ 9. Fuck, I was stoked.

stfu, we trying 2 prove Peter wrong

I can’t fibd where anyone said anything about him at 9. Went back and read all the posts leading up to the rangers pick in the draft day discussion thread. Nothing. Dunny did say we were left with shit after Zadina was picked and then was happy with a fuck yeah after we drafted Kravtsov. Other than that everyone here was having a panic attack about chicago grabbing wahlstrom. Some discussion about Dobson before. Go back and read it. Nothing about Kravtsov. You would think if anyone wanted him at 9 somebody would have at least brought him up once. Not there.

Can anyone direct me to the posts in other threads where Kravtsov was discussed at 9. Even the thread I will go back and find it. I’m on here pretty regularly and I don’t remember it. I brought him up weeks ago as liking him with their late first rounders.

That all I'm saying...I like the player but no one was taking him over Wahlstrom.

That all I'm saying...I like the player but no one was taking him over Wahlstrom.

I honestly, didn’t think it was an option. But I did cheer twice during the draft, when Zadina wasn’t taken 4th, and when the Rangers took Kravtsov

Just asking. If Zadina was on the board we should assume they still take Kravtsov right? He was their 2nd rated forward. Would you question them then?

That's assuming Zadina wasn't their #1 rated forward instead of Svechnikov. Who knows with the Rangers am I right?

Really though, I don't have a problem that they had Kravtsov as their #2 forward and wanted him. I'm more than happy we have him. Obviously most of us fans can only go on YouTube and look at clips. I think this kid oozes talent, and I come away a little more impressed with him than Wahlstrom from the little bit of tape I've seen. My problem with the pick is that they simply didn't maximize the value. Wahlstrom was worth more, though not necessarily better. I feel like they could have taken Wahlstrom at #9 then either A) worked out a trade to move up from 26/28 to get high enough to take Kravtsov or B) field calls from teams picking after them for Wahlstrom and still get Kravtsov + extra. I get it thought. It's a risk. Maybe some other teams were as high on Kravtsov and the Rangers would have walked away with egg on their face not having the guy they really wanted. They decided to just take the guy they wanted instead of messing around.

That's assuming Zadina wasn't their #1 rated forward instead of Svechnikov. Who knows with the Rangers am I right?

Really though, I don't have a problem that they had Kravtsov as their #2 forward and wanted him. I'm more than happy we have him. Obviously most of us fans can only go on YouTube and look at clips. I think this kid oozes talent, and I come away a little more impressed with him than Wahlstrom from the little bit of tape I've seen. My problem with the pick is that they simply didn't maximize the value. Wahlstrom was worth more, though not necessarily better. I feel like they could have taken Wahlstrom at #9 then either A) worked out a trade to move up from 26/28 to get high enough to take Kravtsov or B) field calls from teams picking after them for Wahlstrom and still get Kravtsov + extra. I get it thought. It's a risk. Maybe some other teams were as high on Kravtsov and the Rangers would have walked away with egg on their face not having the guy they really wanted. They decided to just take the guy they wanted instead of messing around.

No, it was definitely Svech at 1 and the Rangers inquired about the pick. It really wasn't available, according to McK and others.

So, that means they had Krav ahead of Zadina, Tkachuk and Wahl. I'm surprised they put that out there because now we will compare Krav to all 3 of them. In a few years we will know everything we need to about our scouting.

Fatty I brought to the top a few threads where Krav was discussed favorably. I also mentioned him in a combine report...

"Kratsov - 6'3 and also climbing the rankings, good interviews"

Well the Rangers had him graded as the #2 forward overall, so, presumably, he was the top player on their board when they picked. It's not a reach, in that sense.

Well, the reach would be if you disagree with their assessment. If you just accept a team's evaluation at face value, then there are no reaches ever.

Well, the reach would be if you disagree with their assessment. If you just accept a team's evaluation at face value, then there are no reaches ever.

I don't think teams draft to their board 100% of the time so, yes, there's still plenty of reaches.

Have I missed something or has they said he was their #2 rated forward? Could they really have Kravtsov before Zadina?

If this is really accurate, thank god Detroit took Zadina. I would have lost my shit if we passed on him.

Archived