• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [D] Nils Lundkvist in 1st Rd. (28th) Pick

Drew a Penalty

Sorry on the phone but:

https://www.foreverblueshirts.com/nils-lundkvist-wants-to-stay-in-sweden-one-more-season-explains-decision-to-re-sign-with-lulea/

?I?ve come to the conclusion that it would be best for me to stay another season in Lule? Hockey,? Nils explained about his decision. ?This means that I will be able to accumulate even more experience until the day I go over (to the Rangers).?

It wasn?t just a pure hockey decision for Lundkvist. ?Also, if you look at the state of the world right now, this feels best to me,? he added. Hard to argue with a nationwide pandemic and the U.S. experiencing a spike in new cases at the moment.?

Kids not even 20 this is not a bad decision. I hate rushing players over especially D-men. Let him dominate one more year in Sweden then come over.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• 7 months later...

Lundkvist with a tournament high 28:07 of ice time for Sweden today.

In a couple of years we wont need a 3rd RD. Fox and Lundkvist plays 30 min each.

Even with what Miller has done so far this season, I have Lundkvist ranked higher than him. He?s gonna be a Fox 2.0, 22+ minutes, PP/PK.

Off topic: Kravtsov played in 4:44 in that same game. Got benched after an early turnover where he stick-handled between 2-3 defenders before turning it over.

Lundkvist with a tournament high 28:07 of ice time for Sweden today.

In a couple of years we wont need a 3rd RD. Fox and Lundkvist plays 30 min each.

Even with what Miller has done so far this season, I have Lundkvist ranked higher than him. He’s gonna be a Fox 2.0, 22+ minutes, PP/PK.

Off topic: Kravtsov played in 4:44 in that same game. Got benched after an early turnover where he stick-handled between 2-3 defenders before turning it over.

I think he's a better prospect than Miller as well. Those three defenseman and Igor panning out will get us a cup at some point if we have any type of offense. Not to mention Schneider as well.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
On 3/9/2021 at 4:22 PM, Ranger Lothbrok said:

Apparently now the all time leader in goals (29) and points (74) for SHL U21 defenseman:

Can we just throw this potential away without a king's ransom? Do we value a more defensive defenseman or offensive defenseman? Many more solid defensive D in the league I think, I guess you could say it's Robertson v. Lundkvist for a 1st plus.