• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rangers Draft [D] Nils Lundkvist in 1st Rd. (28th) Pick

Drew a Penalty

• 4 weeks later...
I'd welcome him back. Our bottom six needs help, preferably cheap help.

Those numbers are better than Puljujarvi's if you account for the better league they come from. Smaller sample, sure, but they aren't nothing.

Agree. Team needs a 3C when Chytil moves to wing.

He needs to come back and earn his way... Succeed in the AHL, get a call up, succeed on 4th line...

Let him play over there next season. He?s still 21.

We know what will happen if he comes back too soon, and that doesn?t help either party.

I can agree with that, I'm just saying the way he went out and the comments that he made... He needs to earn it back.

Honestly, fuck him.

To save the asset, leave him there. You’d get more via trade if he can produce next season.

Now, as a prospect or trade asset, it’s terrible value. Almost worth letting him rot overseas.

But with the history, I don’t see him going to Hartford. Ideally, the whole group plays down there for 1 - 3 seasons, but we know Hartford is trash.

Honestly, fuck him.

To save the asset, leave him there. You?d get more via trade if he can produce next season.

Now, as a prospect or trade asset, it?s terrible value. Almost worth letting him rot overseas.

But with the history, I don?t see him going to Hartford. Ideally, the whole group plays down there for 1 - 3 seasons, but we know Hartford is trash.

If he's not open to earning his stripes in Hartford, then he hasn't come back with humility. In that case, trade him and be done with it.

If he's not open to earning his stripes in Hartford, then he hasn't come back with humility. In that case, trade him and be done with it.

That’s why you leave him there for now.

He’s either an eventual NHL player for the Rangers, or worth something in a trade

SHL season cancelled, so that means Lundkvist (most likely) is done over there.

Will be interesting to see whats next for him. If things will be back to normal soon I think there?s a chance he?ll join Hartford for the rest of the season. If he?s not playing for Sweden tho.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

I wouldnt think so, but I dont know.

Next NHL season will probably not start before December (maybe even later), the SHL cancelled their season and will look to start next season at normal time (or atleast close to it). I guess Rangers figured it would be better for him to just stay there instead of going half a year without hockey just to wait for next NHL season.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk