• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

As Sellers, Rangers Must be Patient and Embrace the Rebuild

1 cup in 77 years... perhaps it’s time to classify the thought process that there is no rebuilding in “ranger land” an abject failure.

Yup, time to consider this a REBUILD...not a RE-vamp.

I'll hope and pray they try to go the Toronto route. I've watched this puke all season with no hope, so watching with SOME hope is a whole lot better. This team doesn't even play hard.

Not loading, but I assume thats the Sather - Gorton letter?

That's pretty telling... Zuccarello is fucking gone.

I think a lot of them are done Josh-man! After watching the last 3 weeks of games, I think they may even trade us!! LOL

Hold on to your seat dude!! The fun is about to start!

I think a lot of them are done Josh-man! After watching the last 3 weeks of games, I think they may even trade us!! LOL

Hold on to your seat dude!! The fun is about to start!

As i said in the other thread, yes, but no one cares about the other guys!

Makes you now wonder is anyone untouchable on this team ? I thought Skjei might have been the only one.

I don't think anyone really should be.. The generational talents should get that tag, everyone else has a price.. Brady included..

I just hope Gorton is up to the task.

Those lundqvist comments last week about wanting to stay and now this letter....starting to feel like hank might not be untouchable. I just don't see how he sits through a rebuild with how competitive he is.

I can't think of a team that would trade for him though.

I think this is going to determine whether or not he is traded. The return has to be significant for it to make sense from a "fans will be angry" perspective but also a "who is going to play net for us going forward" (note: I am not sure who is a UFA this season). And secondly I am not sure how many teams out there really need a Hank right now (or are willing to give up enough to get him).

Will certainly be interesting to see.

Those lundqvist comments last week about wanting to stay and now this letter....starting to feel like hank might not be untouchable. I just don't see how he sits through a rebuild with how competitive he is.

I can't think of a team that would trade for him though.

The Islanders?

Toronto's goalie suffers a career threatening injury?

I think you're right here I think every fan base overestimates the value of the players they are making available. I don't see it for more than a very small handful of players on this roster and even in those cases I don't see the huge asset, picks and players coming back this way. Would love to be wrong.

Would Buffalo consider a trade for McD for their first, gives them the defenseman they need and puts us in the running for Dahlin

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

I've said the same thing elsewhere. I think, if we don't move Mac at the deadline, the goal would be to leverage him to get into the top 5 or something. Buffalo is really the only team that makes sense to do that, and Mac-Risto would be an elite first pair. We'd probably have to sweeten the pot a bit, but I think they'd consider it.

I know they're terrible, but I don't think Buffalo is that far away from being competitive. They could easily be like Colorado next year but, for whatever reason, stuff just hasn't worked. The rebuild has been a disaster in the standings, but Eichel and O'Reilly alone is plenty to build on.

There is a good chance the rangers will be selecting top 5 on their own merit. From what I can gather the talent level between prospects 2-15 are not far off. Especially if looking for a defenseman, this draft is loaded. Righties too

I would absolutely Love to have 2 picks in the top 10, no less top 5, Franny. We just may be able to pull that off....and then-some!

Archived