• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Losing Interest

thecurse0101

Ha, yeah. I can't wait for the chips to start falling where they may.

Ha!

I'm the opposite. A friend of mine has a draft kings account and does fantasy NBA, but he sometimes asks me to pick NHL rosters. I suck at that shit. We never place.

the old fanduel draftkings thread here used to be bumping. I recently turned $10 in to $58, took out the $50 and lost the $8

you look at odds. Find a game where the total goal line (most are) and has the lowest odds for the under. Take the goalie of the team that's favored

Then find a game where the goal line is higher, usually a 6 but occasionally a 6.5. The Isles/Knights game a little while ago was 7. Stack up players from that game from the favored team and find another high total line game and do the same.

works pretty well for me!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
the old fanduel draftkings thread here used to be bumping. I recently turned $10 in to $58, took out the $50 and lost the $8

you look at odds. Find a game where the total goal line (most are) and has the lowest odds for the under. Take the goalie of the team that's favored

Then find a game where the goal line is higher, usually a 6 but occasionally a 6.5. The Isles/Knights game a little while ago was 7. Stack up players from that game from the favored team and find another high total line game and do the same.

works pretty well for me!

Draftkings is rigged,not to mention there are professional gamblers on there so its almost impossible to win a bigger amount

Not gonna lie... I've watched less games this season then probably at any point in the last 10 years. It's a combination of just being busy in general and the team getting stale to watch. It's been the same damn team, plus or minus a few additions here and there, for a long ass time now and I just don't get as psyched up these days as much as I used to. They need some fresh blood that isn't mediocre

Draftkings is rigged,not to mention there are professional gamblers on there so its almost impossible to win a bigger amount

yeah im not really ever trying to win the big amount. But I've won good amounts before. won $60 on a $1 entry once and have had the occasional $20+ hits. Otherwise its just about trying to double my entry fees

I've probably played for about 3 years and would say I'm probably only down like $150 over the course of that much time.

WCF preview last night in VGK/WPG. Vegas came out on top.

Vegas is such an awesome story; I'd root for them solely for that.

I'd like to revisit this when Nashville gets the #1 seed and STL beats WPG in the first round ;)

Nashville is the best team in hockey, and they'll get to coast through the first two rounds to get to the WCF, where they'll fucking smoke VGK.

I'd like to revisit this when Nashville gets the #1 seed and STL beats WPG in the first round ;)

Nashville is the best team in hockey, and they'll get to coast through the first two rounds to get to the WCF, where they'll fucking smoke VGK.

Ohhhhhhhhh

Zzzzzz

stfu lol.

Honestly, this is the most interested I've been in the last couple of seasons. I've been looking for this "rebuild" for a few years now. I'm upset it's taken this long for people (presumably management) to see the writing on the wall. I think if this process had been started a year earlier, we wouldn't be looking at the same problems we are today. But I've got my fingers crossed management sees what's going on here. Mediocrity is not the goal. 8th or 9th place is literally the worst place to finish. I'm curious to watch this unfold and see what they do in three weeks. Only if they stand pat can you assume I'll tune out.

Honestly, this is the most interested I've been in the last couple of seasons. I've been looking for this "rebuild" for a few years now. I'm upset it's taken this long for people (presumably management) to see the writing on the wall. I think if this process had been started a year earlier, we wouldn't be looking at the same problems we are today. But I've got my fingers crossed management sees what's going on here. Mediocrity is not the goal. 8th or 9th place is literally the worst place to finish. I'm curious to watch this unfold and see what they do in three weeks. Only if they stand pat can you assume I'll tune out.

out of curiosity, how would you feel if they traded for a guy like Draisaitl, Backstrom, OEL?

yeah im not really ever trying to win the big amount. But I've won good amounts before. won $60 on a $1 entry once and have had the occasional $20+ hits. Otherwise its just about trying to double my entry fees

I've probably played for about 3 years and would say I'm probably only down like $150 over the course of that much time.

My best take was winning $100 in a 25 cent NHL tournament. I love DFS, especially for golf. But it's too much work to gather all of the info needed to actually perform well consistently.

The thing I notice, and I could be wrong here, but this place is hopping when things aren't going good. There's a bunch of activity here now and they have been playing some underwhelming hockey.

Yet, when they went on that tear and won like 8in a row and pushed their way into a decent playoff spot. It was dead here. Game threads were going 1-2 pages.

To me, I'm just getting older and have less of an attention span. Working more and working later, doesn't help my interest level. It has very little to do with the team itself. The team is a very watchable bunch.The coach, yeah maybe not so much.

Established 2nd tier players.

What?????

If that is your idea of 2nd tier players?

Draisaitl is a near untouchable baby about to be locked up for another 8 years at 10 mil. Backstrome has been a topline playmaking C for one of the best teams for forever. Maybe now he will be 2nd tier as he enters the other side. OEL has been one of the best LDs in the league for the worst team. Who knows his future or trajectory, all I know is he should not be on the Ranger's radar.

Only Draisaitl would be a fit here, but he will be planted in Edm for years. Nothing to discuss about any of these guys as it pertains to the Rangers.

Archived