• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What To Do With Henrik Lundqvist?

ThirtyONE

Lets start with the retirement option. We all know his competitive nature. He can still play. Unless he suffers some career ending injury I don't see him retiring after this season.

Possibly waiving his NTC? Well, to go where? There is no way he waives it to be sent to CBJ in the trade for Bob to go play for Torts again. So unless this becomes some multiple team deal that sends him elsewhere, I don't see it happening.

Thanks for the post, I remember you posting the info on Kravtsov and there is probably some truth here. Panarin seems to want to play here and the Rangers have decided to be very active with Russian players.

As far as goalies, I'm certain the Rangers are in a wait-and-see mode with all the prospects, as well as how Hank performs this year. Anything could change people's (Hank's) mind including Hank putting up a 2.12 GA versus a 3.62 GA. Or the Rangers winning 35-40+ games or barely 25 this year.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Let's see now. a distant friend of a really distant acquaintance of a nearly close friend actually told me about the existence of the possibility that a long lost friend of a far away relative has inside scoop that the aforementioned info pertaining to the events leading up to the latest supposed quote from the soon to be decorated King of NYC, told me that more data will be forthcoming in the not too distant future as to what will actually occur. Meanwhile, back to reality... Go Rangers!!

Hank has two more years after this season...

Sensible people don't give up that kind of $. Lundqvist is still a good NHL goalie and at a loss why he would not keep playing

The Tortarella stuff is plausible(players not enjoying his MO) but really, this is not news.It could be every story everyone writes about CBJ . Still doesn't explain all that. And not buying NYR think little of Igor, from everything we have heard since the day he was drafted, though doesn't preclude them liking Linbolm too. So with 2 good young goalies in the pipeline, they will somehow dump Lundqvist and then pivot to Bob also at top cap room $ and Panarin too? That's a lot of moving parts.

Sensible people don't give up that kind of $. Lundqvist is still a good NHL goalie and at a loss why he would not keep playing

The Tortarella stuff is plausible(players not enjoying his MO) but really, this is not news.It could be every story everyone writes about CBJ . Still doesn't explain all that. And not buying NYR think little of Igor, from everything we have heard since the day he was drafted, though doesn't preclude them liking Linbolm too. So with 2 good young goalies in the pipeline, they will somehow dump Lundqvist and then pivot to Bob also at top cap room $ and Panarin too? That's a lot of moving parts.

I agree, too many moving parts, sounds like Xbox

I don't think Hank would retire unless forced to by injury.

And I don't think he'll be interesting to any of the contenders, due to a) most if not all have better goaltenders already and b) his cap hit. I know this is not a popular view btw, but I honestly think his time as an elite goaltender has come to an end.

I have a feeling we're going to see a sharp decline in his performances this season, but it's based on nothing more than a hunch. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

It also sounds strange to me that the Rangers wouldn't be high on Shesty, he's rated as one of the best goalie prospects in the world by literally everyone.

I don't think Hank would retire unless forced to by injury.

And I don't think he'll be interesting to any of the contenders, due to a) most if not all have better goaltenders already and b) his cap hit. I know this is not a popular view btw, but I honestly think his time as an elite goaltender has come to an end.

I have a feeling we're going to see a sharp decline in his performances this season, but it's based on nothing more than a hunch. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

It also sounds strange to me that the Rangers wouldn't be high on Shesty, he's rated as one of the best goalie prospects in the world by literally everyone.

Totally agree.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Archived