• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Peter Holland Called Up/Boo Nieves Sent Down to Hartford

ThirtyONE

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
A scouting report stating he has/had a big offensive upside doesn't mean he's an offensive player. It means he is who he is, with the potential for an offensive upside. It never happened. Dunny was being facetious with his junior B question, lets just say it's easy to rack up points there.

I'm not saying he's going to be a first line center or anything. But he's kind of a competent two way guy that could be a traditional third line type. At the AHL level and the NHL level, we have yet to see him with any talented wingers. I'm just curious to see what a guy like that does when he gets the golden ticket.

I always feel guys like this don't necessarily get all the good opportunities and kinda get kicked to the curb a bit early or pigeon holed into a role they may actually be better than.

That's more me hoping everything turns to gold. I'm still bummed the Rangers never gave Immonen a legit shot.

I'm not saying he's going to be a first line center or anything. But he's kind of a competent two way guy that could be a traditional third line type. At the AHL level and the NHL level, we have yet to see him with any talented wingers. I'm just curious to see what a guy like that does when he gets the golden ticket.

I always feel guys like this don't necessarily get all the good opportunities.

No, not everyone gets all of the opportunities, and there's a reason behind it.

LOL, yeah I get that. I guess it's more about what I added in my edit.

You're like a parent complaining about their kid's role to a coach. Parent saying "I know my kid could do it, I've seen him play really good games before and he practices like a champ !" .... Coach replying "Your kid actually stinks and cries on the bench when he turns the puck over"

LOL.. That's me

I caught myself a couple weeks ago thinking my kid deserved to play in big situations over most the kids that do get that assignment.

My kid still has his best success when he thinks the puck is a Pokeball and if he scores he gets a Charizard.

I always feel guys like this don't necessarily get all the good opportunities.

You gotta earn good opportunities...

LOL.. That's me

I caught myself a couple weeks ago thinking my kid deserved to play in big situations over most the kids that do get that assignment.

My kid still has his best success when he thinks the puck is a Pokeball and if he scores he gets a Charizard.

That's why we pick our players based on parents as well as the player. It happens at EVERY level now believe it or not. A scout told me last week it's the first question they ask when an advisor or agent calls them. Nuts.

That's why we pick our players based on parents as well as the player. It happens at EVERY level now believe it or not. A scout told me last week it's the first question they ask when an advisor or agent calls them. Nuts.

Yup. not only was I tiny as shit, I also had a very vocal father - before, during and after games. I'm pretty sure it strongly influenced the coaches on a few different teams (but the teams I ended up on, during those season, were a ton of fun). Just a few of the things that factor in to the decisions.

I'm not coaching, not sure I'd want to, because of such reasons.

(but knowing me... 1 or 2 seasons watching coaches "coach"..., I'm pretty sure I'll have to take over and get involved)

That's why my kid is always on the preferred team. The coaches know they'll never hear a peep from me, I understand my kid sucks, I'll go out and work with goalies when I'm home, and at the end of the year, they'll get a nice gift card.

Yup. not only was I tiny as shit, I also had a very vocal father - before, during and after games. I'm pretty sure it strongly influenced the coaches on a few different teams (but the teams I ended up on, during those season, were a ton of fun). Just a few of the things that factor in to the decisions.

I'm not coaching, not sure I'd want to, because of such reasons.

(but knowing me... 1 or 2 seasons watching coaches "coach"..., I'm pretty sure I'll have to take over and get involved)

It's a shit load of work. I tip my hat to them, truly.

It's a shit load of work. I tip my hat to them, truly.

My biggest issue, as coach, would be me sitting my own kid. lol

That, I probably got from my non-playing, dad. He coached a few spring/summer league teams. We'd have close games, but he'd insist on playing everyone equally. Parents used to come up and complain that he wasnt playing me, or another star on the team, more.

its really a lose-lose [non] job.

You're like a parent complaining about their kid's role to a coach. Parent saying "I know my kid could do it, I've seen him play really good games before and he practices like a champ !" .... Coach replying "Your kid actually stinks and cries on the bench when he turns the puck over"

I thought you said most decisions about players are made from their practices. Or was that skill got better?

But come onnnn. Everyone has guys they pull for and think could use an expanded role.

I thought you said most decisions about players are made from their practices. Or was that skill got better?

But come onnnn. Everyone has guys they pull for and think could use an expanded role.

Well yeah, but I was painting a picture of bias to prove a point. Lol

But I do admire your optimism.

Obviously. I mean Glass, Kampfer, Holden, Hrivk, and so on just do and did so much to earn their way into the lineup.

Ps I'd be fine with sending Kampfer down and losing him to a waiver claim.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think Kampfer was on the ice at the end of the game last night when Zuc took the penalty.

Archived