• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Nash for Picks in the 2018 Draft?

jsm7302

Once again, we are talking about Nash. He’s giving us very little right now. As far as your 94 reference, it doesn’t equate. I could easily say 1 championship in 70 years ?

Calculate same equation since 95, or 85, or 75.

No matter what, only a few teams have been less successful on winning championships than the Rangers.

Only a few teams? 12 teams have have NEVER won a cup and 8 of those started before 94.

STL in 49 years

BUF and VAN in 46 years

WSH in 42 years

WIN/ARI in 41 years

SJS in 25 years

OTT in 24 years

FLA in 23 years

Only 7 teams have more than 4 cups. Only 3 teams have more than 6. Montreal and Toronto dominated the original 6 with Detroit sneaking in now and then. Let the 40's 50's and 60's die.

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Only a few teams? 12 teams have have NEVER won a cup and 8 of those started before 94.

STL in 49 years

BUF and VAN in 46 years

WSH in 42 years

WIN/ARI in 41 years

SJS in 25 years

OTT in 24 years

FLA in 23 years

Only 7 teams have more than 4 cups. Only 3 teams have more than 6. Montreal and Toronto dominated the original 6 with Detroit sneaking in now and then. Let the 40's 50's and 60's die.

Once again

We have zero cups in the last 22 years.

One cup in the last 70 years?

Of those teams you mentioned, 1/2 were expansion franchises when we last won a cup.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Once again

We have zero cups in the last 22 years.

One cup in the last 70 years?

Of those teams you mentioned, 1/2 were expansion franchises when we last won a cup.

Yeah one cup in 70 years. You said that. So in the last 70 years Toronto has 7 cups. That makes their 49 year drought okay? Who cares about a bunch of wins in the 40's and 60's? It was a completely different game. Cup or no cup the Rangers are in the top 5 best franchises over the last 10 years.

Yeah one cup in 70 years. You said that. So in the last 70 years Toronto has 7 cups. That makes their 49 year drought okay? Who cares about a bunch of wins in the 40's and 60's? It was a completely different game. Cup or no cup the Rangers are in the top 5 best franchises over the last 10 years.

By last 10 years hours are referencing regular season wins? Because zero championships puts us outside of the top 5 of anything

By last 10 years hours are referencing regular season wins? Because zero championships puts us outside of the top 5 of anything

Does it? So you wanna say 6th? Only 4 teams share the last 9 cups with this year's cup still up for grabs. In that time only 3 teams have won more playoff games then the Rangers.

Does it? So you wanna say 6th? Only 4 teams share the last 9 cups with this year's cup still up for grabs. In that time only 3 teams have won more playoff games then the Rangers.

I accept that premise. I don?t agree that the reference point of a franchise is NOT winning a championship?

But if your idea of success last 10 years is wins without a cup, I?ll respect that

I accept that premise. I don’t agree that the reference point of a franchise is NOT winning a championship?

But if your idea of success last 10 years is wins without a cup, I’ll respect that

And there in lies the whole argument! Winning the cup is hard. Only 4 teams have won one of the last 9 cups. People say "What we're doing isn't working". Well its working better than the other 25 teams who haven't won shit. We are more likely to get over the hump by continuing what Gorton is doing than by trading our way out of the playoffs and rebuilding.

Sure, lets do more of the same. Because that's gotten us...how many Cups exactly in the past 75 years? But yeah, screw trying to rebuild, because what we're doing obviously works. The team is mediocre, with several glaring deficiencies, no assets to trade (so good luck pulling Joe Thornton at the deadline, unless you're going to send Miller and Skjei the other way, and by the sound of it some people would love that move), no blue-chip prospects to speak of, and a starting goalie pushing 35. Future's bright people. Real bright. I'm sure we're only one piece away this year too. Who's the next Nash/Yandle/Eric Staal/MSL to put this team over the top finally?

To say the last 10 years of Rangers hockey has been the same old same old is really just taking a stance and saying it is so, because you said so. The Rangers have traded ZERO blue chip, top tier talent to make the moves they have made. Who have they traded that they have missed oh so dearly? A trip to the cup finals and a conference final, and a bunch of blown leads to the eventual conference finalists, isn't good enough for people? This team has won more games and played more playoff games than 90% or more of the entire league! Was Brandon Dubinsky going to lead them to the cup? Fuckin guy has done jack shit since leaving here. He hasn't full filled the expectations many Ranger fans envisioned. Who? Who should they regret moving?

This team has done an amazing job of competing AND WINNING over the last ten years. They now have a pretty young core of players to build upon, yet that's not enough for people. How much younger do they have to get for people to get over this train of thought that the Rangers are old and only trade away their youth for old has been as if it was still 1996 or prior?

Nash more than likely won't be on this roster come next season.

Grabner i'd say has a 50/50 chance. Unless something drastic happens, I'd probably look at moving Nash before the deadline.

He's currently 12th on this team in scoring.

He is no longer a key part of this teams success, factor in his typical playoff performance, I doubt he makes much difference post season compared to slotting someone else up/in.

People love to talk about Nash's playoff performances, yet throw a fit when someone suggests trading Miller... Talk about bad post season stats..

And there in lies the whole argument! Winning the cup is hard. Only 4 teams have won one of the last 9 cups. People say "What we're doing isn't working". Well its working better than the other 25 teams who haven't won shit. We are more likely to get over the hump by continuing what Gorton is doing than by trading our way out of the playoffs and rebuilding.

Only 4 teams have won the cup in the last 9 years, why did you stop at 9 years? Seems like a odd number.

9 teams have won the cup in the last 14 years.

12 teams have won the cup in the last 18 years.

We've been the best non-cup winning team the last 10 seasons.

Not every team can win the cup, but to be able to compete for it, competitively, for a decade... that's pretty good.

I guess too many people follow the words of the mighty Ricky Bobby, "If you're not first, you're last"

Only 4 teams have won the cup in the last 9 years, why did you stop at 9 years? Seems like a odd number.

9 teams have won the cup in the last 14 years.

12 teams have won the cup in the last 18 years.

Because the 2008 to 2018 is current history. How many players in the league were toddlers or younger 18 years ago? Only Jagr was playing then. Didn't you tell me stop living in the 90's? I wouldn't care if we won the cup 15 years ago instead of 24. I wanna win now, I wanna win every year, and we've been damn close. I have zero interest in missing the playoffs in hopes it makes us better.

Because the 2008 to 2018 is current history. How many players in the league were toddlers or younger 18 years ago? Only Jagr was playing then. Didn't you tell me stop living in the 90's? I wouldn't care if we won the cup 15 years ago instead of 24. I wanna win now, I wanna win every year, and we've been damn close. I have zero interest in missing the playoffs in hopes it makes us better.

How are we missing the playoffs?

Wait, are we back to our 12th or so leading scorer is making that much of a difference?

How are we missing the playoffs?

Wait, are we back to our 12th or so leading scorer is making that much of a difference?

bourbon not mixing well with the medication tonight? You've, literally, added nothing but snarky remarks in your last handful of posts.

My point was that you selected a 9 year span for your reference point, because 4 separate teams won the cup the previous 4 years.

Did you just compare Miller to Nash??

Oh my

Umm yes. Why not? Miller is considered to be BETTER than Nash by many here. Look at the playoff numbers sir.

Miller- 40 games 1 goal.

Nash. 77 games 15 goals

Why is it "oh my"? You want to put down a guy for his performance, yet this young and considered untouchable guy, who will get about 6+ million on his next contract can't be put down or questioned?

Nash is making money earned prior to the lock out for a guy perceived to be a top tier scorer, which he was as a Ranger. Miller is about to make roughly a million or so less than that.... And his playoff numbers look like that..... and he hasn't sniffed 30 goals in the regular season as of yet, much less 40. People want to keep a worse version Rick Nash and keep the cap fucked as we load up on mediocre players, but we HAVE to unload Nash and not go for another chance at a cup? ...

I feel it's a legit comparison. Why don't you?

Archived