• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

2018 WJC Championship in Buffalo

Dunny

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4-0 Sweden, this puppy is done. Steen just scored on a shorty on a fricken lazer beam, then they got another shorty lol

Andersson had a beauty for the important second goal, now has share for tournament lead!

Woll yanked, so much for the Olympics, fuck you Leafs.

Zadina was excellent against Canada, Necas was dangerous. Chytil was... there? I think?

Canada utterly dismantled the Czechs but I think if you asked the Czech coach who his most disappointing player was in this tournament it would certainly have to be Chytil.

Was stuck on 2nd line with some crappy wingers, so maybe that played a role.

Zadina was excellent against Canada, Necas was dangerous. Chytil was... there? I think?

Canada utterly dismantled the Czechs but I think if you asked the Czech coach who his most disappointing player was in this tournament it would certainly have to be Chytil.

Was stuck on 2nd line with some crappy wingers, so maybe that played a role.

Yea, hard to judge on one tournament. Could be the opposite of Andersson's journey. Both had a busy summer, the draft, prospect camp, Traverse City, Training camp, back and forth to Europe, Chytil handles all that makes the team for a few games then goes to Hartford and has a few injuries. Maybe all that caught up with him. Andersson on the other hand. All that seemed to catch up with him sooner. Didn't have the best camp, went back to the SHL, didn't have the best start and was a wreck when they retired his dad's jersey before a Frolunda home game (I mean think about being an 18/19 year old and playing for the team on which your Dad is a legend), but leading up to the WJC Andersson really turned it on and I think he's had a great tourney. Long story short, I won't really judge these two until the fall.

These crowds are pathetic

The outdoor game was real good, but I think the biggest problem is that they just haven't marketed any of this. And, right after the holiday, I think its probably tough for people to get out of work to get to these games. I don't know what time they are usually played, but I would have gone to about a dozen of them if they weren't in the afternoon.

The outdoor game was real good, but I think the biggest problem is that they just haven't marketed any of this. And, right after the holiday, I think its probably tough for people to get out of work to get to these games. I don't know what time they are usually played, but I would have gone to about a dozen of them if they weren't in the afternoon.

I think the US games were mostly prime time and even those crowds seemed small. Certainly in comparison to years past they were small.

First of all, who gives a shit. I'm seeing a ton of people in a fit because he did this. What does it matter to them?

Second of all, here's a fitting quote from everyone's favorite angry coach, courtesy of Phil's sig:

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you’re a good loser, you’re a loser."

- John Tortorella

Good for Lias. Second place fucking sucks.

First of all, who gives a shit. I'm seeing a ton of people in a fit because he did this. What does it matter to them?

Second of all, here's a fitting quote from everyone's favorite angry coach, courtesy of Phil's sig:

"Everyone says you should be a good loser. If you?re a good loser, you?re a loser."

- John Tortorella

Good for Lias. Second place fucking sucks.

Straight up. If you're not first, you're last.

Sent from my iPhone using Blueshirts Brotherhood mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Childish and disrespectful to his team.

I like that it shows he's not happy to settle, but it's poor sportsmanship and bad leadership.

I agree with this. I think it shows more a lack of maturity than anything positive. I imagine that if that was my son I would be having a long talk with him afterwords.

Archived