• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Burmistrov Carted Off in Boston After Colin Miller Hit

Phil

That's a clean hit. BS that it was a penalty.

It's also BS that ARZ players challenged him after. I get sticking up for your teammates, but the need to do so on clean plays drives me nuts.

Clean or not, I can't ever blame anyone for jumping the guy. It's the same as "if you go near my goalie I'll kill you"

Yeah, I've been on the fence with teammates sticking up for each other, even on clean hits.

And this season has allowed me to make up my mind - go after him.

You see one of your guys laid out on the ice, you might not have seen the hit, your angle might not have shown you whether it was clean or not, but you see red.

Go get him.

Absolutely - go after the player who laid him out. That's hockey. That hit was also clean, and hits like that must stay in the game. It's unfortunate that the player was injured, but this is the game they all play and love and there was 100% nothing wrong with the hit. It's not even a dirty hit, it's just everything every young defender is taught to do since they start playing.

Clean or not, I can't ever blame anyone for jumping the guy. It's the same as "if you go near my goalie I'll kill you"

I don't blame anyone for doing it really, but it's annoying.

And I think, just kind of spitballing, that it makes it easier for a guy to make a dirty hit. If you're going to have to fight anyways, might as well ruin the other guy's night first.

And I think, just kind of spitballing, that it makes it easier for a guy to make a dirty hit. If you're going to have to fight anyways, might as well ruin the other guy's night first.

That goes against 95% of the league brotherhood, you don't blow up a guy with a dirty hit on purpose , possibly ending his career, just because you're going to get smacked around afterwards.

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

That goes against 95% of the league brotherhood, you don't blow up a guy with a dirty hit on purpose , possibly ending his career, just because you're going to get smacked around afterwards.

#MakeBSBHGreatAgain

Idk, I don't think that this whole "brotherhood" thing exists. There are dirty plays and hits every night. All I'm saying is that, if I'm going to rock a guy, and I'm going to have to stand up for it regardless of whether it's clean or dirty, I'm not going to go out of my way to make it clean.

You'd see guys getting carted off 3 times a night if there wasn't a mutual respect. Most of the time the bad hits are accidental. They happen in the moment where emotions and adrenaline take over. Regardless, they must be held accountable and own it.

You'd see guys getting carted off 3 times a night if there wasn't a mutual respect. Most of the time the bad hits are accidental. They happen in the moment where emotions and adrenaline take over. Regardless, they must be held accountable and own it.

Most of them are.

But most of the dirty stuff doesn't result in anything.

Most of them are.

But most of the dirty stuff doesn't result in anything.

Point is, there's not much of it anymore. All these guys are friends from one place or another. Hated rival teams have players that work out together in the off season, go on vacation with one another, and are good friends. Are there some guys that hate each other, and have no respect for each other? Absolutely, but they don't end each other's careers, and most of the guys in the league are friends.

Idk, I don't think that this whole "brotherhood" thing exists. There are dirty plays and hits every night. All I'm saying is that, if I'm going to rock a guy, and I'm going to have to stand up for it regardless of whether it's clean or dirty, I'm not going to go out of my way to make it clean.

Someone with that kind of outlook on the game would not have very many friends in the league.

This

Point is, there's not much of it anymore. All these guys are friends from one place or another. Hated rival teams have players that work out together in the off season, go on vacation with one another, and are good friends. Are there some guys that hate each other, and have no respect for each other? Absolutely, but they don't end each other's careers, and most of the guys in the league are friends.

There is a ton of dirty stuff on the ice, but I'm not saying that guys are out there trying to end careers.

The problem is that good hits and the dangerous hits are responded to the same way, which doesn't do anything to curb the dangerous ones.

There is a ton of dirty stuff on the ice, but I'm not saying that guys are out there trying to end careers.

The problem is that good hits and the dangerous hits are responded to the same way, which doesn't do anything to curb the dangerous ones.

I agree that happens. Sometimes it just happens so fast you don't know if it was dirty or clean. Same with guys maybe not actually seeing the hit, just hearing it and then seeing their team mate laid out on the ice. You have to stick up for your team mates. otherwise you become the pussified New York Rangers.

It doesn't matter if it's clean or not. What matters is that there is a response. It's not always possible for guys to immediately identify the cleanliness of a play. They can't say to themselves "that looked clean, I'll just tackle him" vs. "that looked dirty, I'll gonna stick my thumb in his eye socket and fuck him in the ass".

The fuckin referees got this call completely wrong for Christ's sake. What do you expect from the players ?

It doesn't matter if it's clean or not. What matters is that there is a response. It's not always possible for guys to immediately identify the cleanliness of a play. They can't say to themselves "that looked clean, I'll just tackle him" vs. "that looked dirty, I'll gonna stick my thumb in his eye socket and fuck him in the ass".

The fuckin referees got this call completely wrong for Christ's sake. What do you expect from the players ?

I KNOW. Which is why I said I understand it but it's annoying lol

Archived