• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Where to drink?

EnglishJoe

Hi Rangers fans,

I am english lad travelling to NY next week and have tickets with my mates to watch the Rangers on Sunday against the Coyotes. Really looking forward to the game, has long been an ambition of mine to watch the Rangers in New York. Just after some quick advice please! We are looking for somewhere to drink before the game, ideally somewhere quite rowdy & full of Rangers fans! We are staying next to the garden so would be great if it was not too far away from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Joe

The Flying Puck is usually the best place for the type of crowd you're looking for. Right near the Garden and before games it's packed with Rangers fans. They typically have MSG or NHL Network on the TVs. Service isn't great, beers are pretty expensive, but the burgers aren't too bad in both price and quality.

Thanks all for your help.

I'm not really looking for a fight haha, just rowdy like chanting etc. Maybe the odd bit of beer spilt... Do you guys fight over there? I imagine its quite difficult when away crowds don't travel in numbers.... Or do you mean fighting with each other, also seen that over here after a terrible performance. The football (soccer) team I support are usually rubbish so you can see a fair amount of post game aggro between fellow fans.....

if you are in for the weekend before that and want to hit a bar to watch whatever Premier League team you probably root for, a few teams have bars around the city. If you are dumb like me and an arsenal fan, check out the blind pig the saturday morning before the rangers game.

in terms of the bars before the rangers game, everyone here has covered most of the bases. there's also the Triple Crown a few blocks down. probably not as roudy for the game or anything but they have some very good pub food.

Thanks all for your help.

I'm not really looking for a fight haha, just rowdy like chanting etc. Maybe the odd bit of beer spilt... Do you guys fight over there? I imagine its quite difficult when away crowds don't travel in numbers.... Or do you mean fighting with each other, also seen that over here after a terrible performance. The football (soccer) team I support are usually rubbish so you can see a fair amount of post game aggro between fellow fans.....

I'll fight you if you wanna fight

Thanks very much Blair, unfortunately I dont support a premier league team... I nearly do but we lost the play-off final last season. I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan, I doubt any bar in New York will be putting us on their screens....

OK Patrick lets go! A straight fist fight though yeah? Dont bring your nail gun or your rat.....

How did you get into supporting Arsenal, assume your from America not the UK. I go to the Emirates a few times a season as the company I work for have season tickets there, but I still cant forgive Arsenal for the cup defeats in the early 90s.... Last time I saw wednesday play arsenal away it was at highbury in 2000ish. Think it was a 3-3 draw which relegated us....

Best place for beers we experienced there was District Tap House, not far from MSG, 100 beers on tap and excellent food.

There's something ... off about this bar, right? Good beer, food seemed fine, but the vibe was all wrong. Not sure if its just location or what.

How did you get into supporting Arsenal, assume your from America not the UK. I go to the Emirates a few times a season as the company I work for have season tickets there, but I still cant forgive Arsenal for the cup defeats in the early 90s.... Last time I saw wednesday play arsenal away it was at highbury in 2000ish. Think it was a 3-3 draw which relegated us....

didnt see this until today. My grandfather fled germany during the holocaust and lived in north london for a bit and wound up making my father an arsenal fan who made my brother and I into ones as well.

ENjoy the game!

Archived