• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Jason Momoa Reportedly Cast for 'Crow' Reboot

Phil

Hollywood has been trying to reboot The Crow for years and now, the latest incarnation reported has its star. Mashable reports that Jason Momoa, best known for his roles on Game of Thrones and as DC?s Aquaman, will play the dark hero.

The new film, directed by Corin Hardy, will be released by Relativity Media. Momoa posted the below photo of himself and the director on Instagram earlier this week, but Mashable has since confirmed it?s for The Crow.

Hardy had previous cast Jack Huston (Boardwalk Empire, Ben-Hur) in the role but he had to drop out due to lots and lots of delays. Momoa is certainly a much different take on the character than Huston is, but the biggest challenge will just be getting this one in front of the cameras. It feels like decades have passed since a remake was first announced.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/jason-momoa-is-going-from-aquaman-to-the-crow-1785091840?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_twitter&utm_source=io9_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

?

I'm not so sure that the biggest challenge will be getting this in front of cameras at all. I actually think the biggest challenge will be getting people to actually accept a reboot of such a cult classic to begin with. Especially given the tremendous, historic failures every sequel to the original was. The third and fourth installments, Salvation and Wicked Prayer didn't even make it to theaters ? they went straight to video/DVD.

Count me among those highly skeptical this can be pulled off successfully. Count me also among those tired of Hollywood's parade of reboots and remakes. I want more original content, not more lazy reboots of the same stories we've already seen.

From what I have read though on this reboot is that it's more like the comic and more true to the actual story than the original was. But I agree that I can't accept a new crow. The second was so terrible I wouldn't even see the third. This is one of my favorite movies and should be left alone. It's like the reboot of Ghostbusters, should have been left alone.

Still not as bad as the ideas to remake The Rocky Horror Picture Show and Ben-Hur.

Holy shit that Rocky Horror Picture Show looks absolutely horrible. You can't replace Tim Curry in that role with anyone else. He just had something that was unique enough that it is his character.

Holy shit that Rocky Horror Picture Show looks absolutely horrible. You can't replace Tim Curry in that role with anyone else. He just had something that was unique enough that it is his character.

I'd say you can to a degree make a movie remake that is good, the story is still played in stage theaters all over the west all year long after all.

But no studio likely to do a remake like this is likely to care for the details that made the original a cult-classic and predictably it looks horrible.

Did you Batman v Superman? They set the table for all individual movies. Aquaman, WW, and there's one more I don't remember.

No. I think the only superhero less interesting than Batman is Superman.

I don't even like superhero movies/comics in general. I just thought it was interesting that an Aquaman was coming out.

No. I think the only superhero less interesting than Batman is Superman.

I don't even like superhero movies/comics in general. I just thought it was interesting that an Aquaman was coming out.

Yea. I'll be interested to see how they approach it, since the Aquaman premise is so lame to begin with.

Archived