• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Snowboarders or Skiers Here?

Future

I haven't able to get out yet this year b/c of my injury and the lack of snow, but does anybody here board or ski? Got a trip to Vermont planned for March, anybody going anywhere.

I'm a boarder, but this film looks sick.

[video=youtube;4DjdJydl-ds]

Yeah same. I really want to go this year but its prohibitively expensive. The only place out by me is like $80 for a lift ticket alone on weekends. I dont have any of my own stuff besides goggles, so its another $40-50 if I rent from the place (its brand new stuff) or $20-30 if I rent from a local shop. I've been there 3 times and only had 1 good day with a decent amount of snow, and it was literally 0 degrees that day.

Ski

Son and I hit various slopes and some back country here in Alaska.

Usually try to take a few trips outside. His high school hockey seasons ends here in a few weeks so we can get more turns in.

March we head back to S Lake Tahoe (Heavenly) for 3 days. Then 4 days up in N Lake Tahoe (Squaw Valley and Sugar Bowl)

Been a few years since I've skied as well. I really wanted to go this year but my job is consistently getting in the way. My "weekends" are during the week so no one else can really go when I can and I don't wanna burn personal days for a weekend of skiing.

I actually enjoy going alone, and mountains are so much less congested during the week - not to mention the fact that there are better discounts - that I would love to have that problem lol

I actually enjoy going alone, and mountains are so much less congested during the week - not to mention the fact that there are better discounts - that I would love to have that problem lol

Some of the best trips ive had were where I jumped in the car mid week and went by myself. Its awesome being able to do runs not waiting for people.

Yeah thats a thing thats holding me back as well. My second time every skiing I went with people who have been skiing their whole life pretty much so they were way better than me. I found out pretty quickly by skiing with them that I was actually pretty good for a beginner and that I had a lot to learn.

And yeah screw moguls haha. I don't think my knees can handle that.

Some of the best trips ive had were where I jumped in the car mid week and went by myself. Its awesome being able to do runs not waiting for people.

Hell yea.

I did that when I was in college a couple of times. Labrador - which is just south of Syracuse - was about an hour from my school and they had like $20 weekday passes for students. Well worth skipping class lol

Been a few years since I've skied as well. I really wanted to go this year but my job is consistently getting in the way. My "weekends" are during the week so no one else can really go when I can and I don't wanna burn personal days for a weekend of skiing.

trust me you do.

Better if you're with a skiing or boarding GF though.

Why do I say you do, because, you never know when you'r going to be in a job where you can't, in a situation with kids where you can't, or all of the above plus you can no longer afford it. So if you can do it. Do it.

I would love to be able -- even if it was a weekend of shaking off the rust. But right now me and the wife's status is used to ski and used to board.

Fortunately the lack of snow problems in VT that ruined Christmas are over and February promises to be special. Scheduled to hit Stratton in March and might even luck into the sweet spot of plenty of snow and trails and warming temps

Fingers crossed

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

Archived