• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

New Year, New Ideas or Features?

Phil

yeah, i often go back to the GDT's to look for some info in the OP.

or if someone references a game in another thread, i'll often refer to the GDT.

my only problem with the apprehension to updating the lines is that while i know you guys do a great job to update based off of tweets, interviews, etc., it's still not always accurate.

and linking to daily faceoff isn't necessarily accurate either. for example, they have yandle with girardi and mcd with klein - http://www2.dailyfaceoff.com/teams/lines/32/new-york-rangers - and we know that's not accurate for last night's game. it also serves no purpose to link to it since daily faceoff would likely get updated from time to time.

i spoke ever-so-briefly to phil about embedding the nhl videos. i'd love to play with that, but i don't have a vbulletin sandbox to test with, only phpbb. i know hfboards is able to embed the nhl link and they're on vbulletin - there has to be a way.

and you're right, a link is definitely more lame than embedding the video, but whatever. the GDTs have a million links anyway. after the quote, put a link to the highlights.

that makes me think about what you also mentioned about GDTs losing their steam once the game ends. when it turns into the post game, there could be more work done to continue the discussions by adding new quotes from the post game, links to interviews, etc.

regarding trivia and the more important issue: is anyone around to always capture this info?

i'll volunteer helping. i watch probably ~75/82 games in full and can definitely take down the trivia and answer.

now, i wanna check out embedding again to see what we can come up with.

Daily faceoff has the lines from the most recent games. http://leftwinglock.com/line-combinations/new-york-rangers/?team=new-york-rangers&strength=EV&gametype=1

I think the go back after the game and edit the starting lineup:

1. Doesn't reflect the actual starting lineup.

2. I would be more interested in the lineup of how the game started vs. how it ended, but it seems rather long to post both full lineups.

3. The resource already exists.

Maybe we could post a link to LWL. The staff could discuss and see how much of a lift it is.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe get notifications when a member quotes your post? I've seen in other forums, makes things much easier when you are having a conversation with somebody in a thread.

Already exists and was discussed in this thread:

you can do both of these things.

click on settings in the top right, then click general settings on the left hand panel.

scroll to where you see this

http://i.imgur.com/s09H8hX.png

change "quote notification" to either email or private message, whichever you prefer.

Shit, missed that. My bad. I like that so much better.

Yea, I asked the same question earlier.

I tried it, but, to be honest, I thought it was kind of a pain the way it works. You have to open your PMs - click on the message - then click on the thread, which opens in a new tab. Just too many steps for it to be convenient I think.

Really, the way it would work best, for me anyways, is to have a notification exactly like Rep. When you get quoted, you simply click the alert and it takes you right to the post. Again, idk how realistic that is with this board structure, but I think it's convenient to do it in one click.

Yea, I asked the same question earlier.

I tried it, but, to be honest, I thought it was kind of a pain the way it works. You have to open your PMs - click on the message - then click on the thread, which opens in a new tab. Just too many steps for it to be convenient I think.

Really, the way it would work best, for me anyways, is to have a notification exactly like Rep. When you get quoted, you simply click the alert and it takes you right to the post. Again, idk how realistic that is with this board structure, but I think it's convenient to do it in one click.

That's the way I was referring to when I asked the original question. I would like for it to take you right to the post that was quoted. Makes things much easier.

r u effin kidding me

lol ty for your help.

Looks like the existing quote notification is no longer supported for vB 4.2.2. The mod was designed for 4.0.X and hasn't been updated in years.

I can look into whether a newer one is available soon.

good to know. i didn't get pm or email notifications.

• 1 month later...
As I said before, I'm looking into it. Thus far, there only seems to be one third-party add-on that allows this, and it's not stable. There are too many errors being reported for me to trust allowing it to be installed here.

Archived