• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Scott Weiland, Dead at 48

Keirik

Pretty shocking considering. Loved STP.

TMZ is reporting that Weiland was found dead on his tour bus in Minnesota at around 9 p.m. Thursday night, while touring with his current group the Wildabouts. They were scheduled to perform at the Medina Entertainment Center in Medina, Minnesota Thursday night. The show was canceled before they were to hit the stage.

Jane’s Addiction guitarist Dave Navarro tweeted out the news shortly after midnight EST. “Just learned our friend Scott Weiland has died,” he wrote. “So gutted, I am thinking of his family tonight.”

Weiland’s Velvet Revolver bandmate, guitarist Dave Kushner, tweeted shortly after Navarro “RIP Scott Weiland.”

Scott Weiland was born Scott Richard Kline on October 27th, 1967 in San Jose, California. His mother, Sharon Williams, and father, Kent Kline, divorced two years later. A stepfather, Dave Weiland, adopted him at age 5 and changed his last name.

https://www.yahoo.com/music/scott-weiland-dead-at-48-065340422.html

While no one can truly say and mean that they didn't see this coming or that Scott dying so young is unbelievable, it's certainly a shame. A reminder of how harsh a life of substance abuse can be. What an absolute shame. RIP to Scott Weiland and condolences to his family. Hopefully he won't be burdened with those demons in the next life. He always came off as a good hearted guy and he was incredibly talented.

I can remember playing the shit out of Core while playing NHL 94' for hours on Sega Genesis with my best friend in his living room. Amazing how music can bring back such distinct memories.

This song will never lose its punch. EVER

[video=youtube_share;8hhu-OyHqZM]

So sad to hear this when I woke up this morning. I didn't believe it at first, but once I saw it on his Instagram account, I knew it was true. This makes me angry. While this shouldn't be a shock, it really is, I had always hoped he would get himself clean. He was one of rocks greatest frontmen, he will be greatly missed.

I am rocking out all my STP and VR albums today, Ill even have to pull out my bootleg STP Unplugged. Music lost a huge talent today.

Archived