• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Bang Your Head to the Heavy Metal & Rock Thread

Phil

Any La'mores Brooklyn veterans here? Watched a documentary last night on thrash metal produced by the drummer from Overkill. Great watch and had me flashing back to the glory days of thrash mid 80's. A lot of alcohol and lots of fighting, mostly w skinheads LOL.

On 11/3/2022 at 3:00 PM, Dem said:

Any La'mores Brooklyn veterans here? Watched a documentary last night on thrash metal produced by the drummer from Overkill. Great watch and had me flashing back to the glory days of thrash mid 80's. A lot of alcohol and lots of fighting, mostly w skinheads LOL.

Went to L'Amores in Queens. Not sure which one was the bigger hotspot. 

Only got to go there once to see InFlames with, I think Earth Crisis back in like 99. 

A lot of the music I listened to in the 90s and early 2000s were bands that frequented L'Amores. Type O, LOA, and all those bands. Obviously it was a staple for heavy metal and hardcore fir many years prior. Such a shame it couldn't last. Was a very cool set up with the 2 separate bars. 

What was the name of the documentary?

Edited by The Dude

I wouldn't call myself a L'Amours (Brooklyn) veteran but I did go there a few times.  I saw Anthrax, Stryper, Kix, Ace Frehley, Megadeth, White Lion there.    I lived closer to L'amours East (Queens) but only went there once on a random night probably not long before it closed, it was near the Queens Center Mall on Queens Blvd.  I never made it to L'Amours Far East on Long Island.

• 3 weeks later...

I scored tickets for the Metallica/Pantera show at MetLife.

2 shows but spread out over 3 days (8/4 and 8/6). It's kind of a must see. Pantera opens 8/4  along with Mammoth. 8/6-  5 Finger Asscunts and some other band Ice nine kills, (whatever the fuck that is) are opening  Will probably wind up selling 8/6. Or just show up for Metallica. 

Pretty excited actually.  Never saw Tallica and I want to support Pantera because they were my favorite band through high-school and after.

On 12/4/2022 at 7:15 PM, The Dude said:

I scored tickets for the Metallica/Pantera show at MetLife.

2 shows but spread out over 3 days (8/4 and 8/6). It's kind of a must see. Pantera opens 8/4  along with Mammoth. 8/6-  5 Finger Asscunts and some other band Ice nine kills, (whatever the fuck that is) are opening  Will probably wind up selling 8/6. Or just show up for Metallica. 

Pretty excited actually.  Never saw Tallica and I want to support Pantera because they were my favorite band through high-school and after.

Ice 9 Kills sing songs about horror movies.  Some are catchy.  Some not so much.  Take that for what you will.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/3/2022 at 3:00 PM, Dem said:

Saw "Soft White Underbelly" there, which was Blue Oyster Cult pulling some stunt to get paid in cash in and around clubs of NY because of a bad deal with a promoter. The had just come off the Black & Blue tour with Dio/Sabbath, where I saw them at MSG. Fun time. Saw a bunch of other shows  there which I only vaguely recollect. 

Edited by Bugg
  • TroCheckmark 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...