• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Doctor Who

The season's do match up, but the reboot's first Doctor, Christopher Eccleston, is a hit or miss guy for most fans. The guy who takes his place the next season is the one who many love the most, David Tennant (including me). The writing for his time period, while goofy and quirky and really not too dark is probably some of the best of the show, and Tennant very much put his heart into the role in a way that was very endearing. The current show runner also did the writing for the doctor after him, Matt Smith, and while it was pretty good early on I think he ran out of really original ideas. I'm not a huge fan of his writing style and the way he is portraying the current Doctor is a bit annoying to me. I'm hoping after this season they bring on someone new.

He's on a show where time and space are at your will, an he literally said "yeah I don't care about that stuff" in the last episode. Gtfo!

I think Clara works, but I hate how Moffet is dehumanizing him. The whole point is he's here sharing himself with us because we mutually need one another, and bring out the best in each other. I was cool with a darker doctor, but they are taking away his endearing-ness and I don't like it at all.

I don't know what it is about this show but I can't seem to get into it. I keep trying to watch season 1 on netflix. Should I try watching from another season? I get the feeling this is similar to american horror story where each season is different.

The show gets better in Season 2 and really hits its stride in Season 4 with Tenant.

The show is a big dropoff so far. No story arc that I can see (I'm 2 episodes behind, so maybe that changes) and the story-lines haven't been great.

I got into the show when it premiered on SiFi back in 2006 with Eccleston. Never saw an episode before that. It was really good and though I was sorry Eccleston left, I got used to Tenant. Ditto Tenant leaving and Matt Smith coming on board.

But Capaldi has NOT done it for me and it's not his age, it's the stories so far. Like I said above, no story arc that I can tell (i.e., BAD WOLF, the crack in the universe) but maybe we'll see some old favorites like The Weeping Angels.

Also hope we see Strax, Jenny, and Miss Lizard. :D

Archived