• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

X-Men Producer Confirms Cyclops, Storm And Jean Grey Will Be Recast

Phil

We thought it was likely, but X-Men movie producer [bGCOLOR=Yellow]Simon Kinberg has confirmed that X-Men: Apocalypse will bring in new actors as original X-Men Cyclops, Jean Grey and Storm[/bGCOLOR]... if they're actually part of X-Men: Apocalypse, which he didn't confirm. Hmm.

Here's Kinberg on the subject in a Yahoo interview:

If we included some of the original X-Men like Storm and Jean and Scott and other in Apocalypse, yeah we'd have to recast them, as Apocalypse takes place a good twenty years before [the first] X-Men, which was now, insanely, a good ten to fifteen years ago.

It would be really hard to do. Halle (Berry) and Famke (Janssen) and Jimmy (Marsden) and others have done such wonderful jobs of bringing those parts to life, and are so identified with those parts now. So it would be a tall task. But I also would have said before First Class that there would be no actors who can stand alongside Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart.

As I've said previously, if Apocalypse is going to be about the official creation of the X-Men as has been rumored, then having those three particular mutants seems almost requisite. Also, it would be super-weird to have the 40+ year-old original actors starring next to the 35-year-old James McAvoy as Professor X, ao this seems like just good sense.

http://io9.com/x-men-producer-confirms-cyclops-storm-and-jean-grey-wi-1638050216?utm_campaign=socialflow_io9_twitter&utm_source=io9_twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

Definitely. I'm hoping that they will put Wolverine on the backburner when Jackman can't do it anymore, because I don't think anyone can do it as good. I could be wrong though.

Honestly, I wouldn't be opposed to simply killing him off, and only bringing him back as part of a reboot (like you are seeing with McGuire-man versus Garfield-man).

Also true. He's a loner, after all, so it could just be another "walking away" scenario, similar to what they played out with him for The Wolverine origins (not X-Men Origins: Wolverine, which was shit).

But they most definitely have a huge array of characters to put their focus on, and frankly, if Channing Tatum as Gambit gets pulled off like it's being said it will, you'll have plenty of charisma and personality there to help re-ground the series if Jackman's Wolverine is to walk away (or even die).

Jean Grey was a pretty outwardly powerful character. She never came off that way to me at all.

I agree with you there, but Jean Grey was also dubiously unaware of her power set - and ultimately unsure of herself as well.

Anyhow, I have "insider" knowledge about this project and will post whatever I can.

Archived