• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Actor/Comedian Robin Williams, Dead at 63 of Apparent Suicide

Phil

My cousin has a great story about Robin Williams. My cousin is also a cop but he was in Midtown his whole career. One day he was standing on a foot post in the summer and he walks into a store to buy a water when he sees a guy sitting in the corner reading a book. My cousin did a double take because the guy was wearing a lime green skin tight bicycle suit and had a bicycle next to him. He was wearing a cap and had sunglasses on but my cousin thought the guy looked familiar.

So after staring at him for last few seconds my cousin just walks up to him after he pays for his water and says "robin?"

The guy lowered his glasses, put his finger to his lips and went "shhhhhh!" As he winked at my cousin. Sure enough, it was a Robin Williams, just chilling in one of those bodegas in manhattan that sells hot food by the pound, reading a book and trying to fly under the radar... In a lime green skin tight suit lol.

Stunned! By far one of my favorite actors/comedians. One of the funniest things I have ever watched was when he was a guest on Inside The Actors Studio, I recommend watching it if you havent seen it. Seriously had me in tears cracking up so much. I think im gonna have to spend a weekend in the near future to watch Good Will Hunting, Dead Poets Society, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Birdcage, Popeye, etc......I really wish I got to see him do stand-up. He will now make everyone laugh in heaven for all of eternity. RIP Robin Williams.

It just boggles my mind how someone who is so clearly loved and adored by so many could be in such a dark place. I'm having trouble accepting this one. I'm feeling this one.

Exactly this. That's the crazy thing about depression. There is just no good answer to it. RIP to one of the greatest performers to ever live.

The troops will miss him, too. He went overseas with USO a bunch of times.

Phil,

Robin Williams was a natural fit for the USO, with a magical ability to connect with every service member he met – he shook every hand, signed every autograph and lifted every spirit.

For 12 years, Robin generously gave his time to create special moments for more than 89,000 servicemen and women. His humor helped ease their loneliness, fear and uncertainty while they served to protect our freedom in remote locations far from home.

Everyone who met Robin has a special memory, and we want to share some of the amazing photos and stories from his USO tours.

Click here to see the USO’s tribute to Robin Williams, “He Brought Them Light,” and learn more about more about his dedication to our men and women in uniform.

The USO holds Robin Williams and his family in our hearts, and we thank him for all he did for those that do so much for all of us – the men and women of our Armed Forces. He will always be a part of our USO family and will be sorely missed.

Thank you,

Brigadier General John I. Pray Jr., USAF (Ret.)

Executive Vice President and Chief of Staff, USO

Susan Schneider, the wife of Robin Williams, has released a statement saying that her late husband had early stages of Parkinson's disease at the time of his death earlier this week.

Her full statement:

?Robin spent so much of his life helping others. Whether he was entertaining millions on stage, film or television, our troops on the frontlines, or comforting a sick child ? Robin wanted us to laugh and to feel less afraid.

Since his passing, all of us who loved Robin have found some solace in the tremendous outpouring of affection and admiration for him from the millions of people whose lives he touched. His greatest legacy, besides his three children, is the joy and happiness he offered to others, particularly to those fighting personal battles.

[bGCOLOR=Yellow]Robin's sobriety was intact and he was brave as he struggled with his own battles of depression, anxiety as well as early stages of Parkinson's Disease, which he was not yet ready to share publicly.[/bGCOLOR]

It is our hope in the wake of Robin?s tragic passing, that others will find the strength to seek the care and support they need to treat whatever battles they are facing so they may feel less afraid.?

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robin-williams-had-early-stages-725595

My father has Parkinson's. I think the beginning stages of it is when it hit him the hardest. Mix that in with anxiety, and depression, and it can't be good. It's not an easy thing to cope with. Imagine shaking uncontrollably, and not being able to move, get up, walk on your own, etc...

My father has Parkinson's. I think the beginning stages of it is when it hit him the hardest. Mix that in with anxiety, and depression, and it can't be good. It's not an easy thing to cope with. Imagine shaking uncontrollably, and not being able to move, get up, walk on your own, etc...

Couple that with someone who's life is basically physical comedy. You can clearly understand how he became overwhelmed.

Couple that with someone who's life is basically physical comedy. You can clearly understand how he became overwhelmed.

If it wasn't for my father's sense of humor, he wouldn't be as comfortable as he is at the moment. Granted, he had the surgery with the wire connection to the brain to stop the shaking, but it's still not easy to deal with. My point is that you would think the comedian in him would allow some levity to his situation, but he obviously had other underlying issues.

Archived