• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Light the Night for Lilah

Dunny

lol!

when my gf and i first got together about four years ago, i did indeed live in my car.

there's a whole story there, but that's neither here nor there.

//donateplease

the goal is only 500 and they're ore than 50% there.

just fyi, my bank account had 11 bucks in it before making this donation so to quote aj, "if phillyb can kick in $5, surely..."

YOU CAN TOO!

Set up a Fund PhillyB account.

i know...i had a friend recently go through a grueling litigation process for years regarding his neighbor and a gas spill on the property.

he set up a gofundme "account" or foundation or whatever and has a huge goal.

i was surprised to see such a low goal for this fund.

any idea the actual cost of medical bills?

This is just a small piece of the puzzle. There are 3 seperate fundraising socials going on at home tonight. I don't fly home till tomorrow so I thought I'd try to do something. I'll probably donate more at the end to make it a round number as I would have likely spent a small fortune if I was at home tonight. lol

As for medical bills, I don't know the number. Care is free but meds are only subsidized here and last I heard they were well over $1000/month. Factor in travel, accomodation and lost wages and they've just been ground down over the past months.

I recently spent 10 days in a neo-natal icu and between the expenses I mentioned above it cost me over $4000. That was ten days!!! I'm scared to think what theirs look like. The lost wages are the killer.

Eric is a proud guy, this wouldn't be happening if they didn't need it.

• 1 month later...

I've been on a 4 week bender but a hardy heart felt thank you to you guys. They raised over $90,000 for the family. Lilah is actually doing fantastic and has been taken off the donor list for the time being. The family is still stuck living 2 separate lives for hospital purposes for a while but generally all great news!!

You're good people, and there aren't nearly enough in the world.

Archived