• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What can happen when you quit your job for a summer and embrace an idea

Plenty of natural sunlight isn't an unusual quality of a dream home. But what about a home built completely of glass so the light would never be hidden? For a pair of young artists, a beautiful sunset and a thoughtful conversation led to the construction of a breathtaking retreat in mountainous West Virginia.

Photographer Nick Olson, 27, who works with old-fashioned labor-intensive photographic processes, and designer Lilah Horwitz, 23, who makes "site-specific clothing," met at an artist?s residency in Pennsylvania. Early on in their relationship, Olson invited Horwitz to join him on a trip to his family?s property in southern West Virginia. One evening, the two went on a walk in the woods that resulted in an artistic vision.

While the sun began to sink behind a hill, the couple began talking about how amazing the light appeared at that moment. What if, they pondered, there could be a living space where light changed based on the time of day?

http://ca.finance.yahoo.com/blogs/spaces/young-couple-quit-jobs-build-glass-house-500-204553074.html

I'm not going to lie, I think this is one of the most beautiful homes I have ever seen. I'm not the type to want to abandon technology and live on a farm for the rest of my days, but if I could own any kind of vacation home, it would be one like this.

Archived