• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Hey Yo: WWE, AEW, Impact and More

Phil

Biased opinion. TNA is as much as a snoozefest as WWE, wrestling as a whole has lost it's thunder a very long time ago.

Obviously it's a bias, but TNA has better "stars", they just have more inconsistent and lesser produced programming.

Perosonality drives professional wrestling. Right now, the majority of the personality is in TNA, not WWE — see Kurt Angle, Pope, Hogan, Flair, Bischoff, Ray, Styles, Anderson, Daniels, Beer Money, Samoa Joe, etc.

WWE has Cena, CM Punk, HHH, Undertaker and then a huge drop-off to the rest of the generic performers with generic names.

"World Wrestling Entertainment" is no more.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/article/wwe-announces-renaming-of-the-company-vince-comments-128047?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Wrestlezonecom+%28WRESTLEZONE%29

LATimes.com is reporting that World Wrestling Entertainment has in fact renamed itself, and it will now simply be referred to as WWE. Vince McMahon spoke on the renaming, and the following is an excerpt from the article: "I think every brand has to re-create itself," he said. "I want everyone to look at us in a vastly different way than they have."

To do that, McMahon plans to go on a spending spree to acquire media assets that could expand WWE's business beyond the ring. In particular, he said, WWE is targeting companies involved in production, live entertainment and branding.

"It is a logical broadening of what we already do," McMahon said in an interview."

http://www.wwe.com/inside/edge-announcement

The Rated-R Superstar had been suffering numbness and uncontrollable trembling in his arms and hands. This is not the first time Edge has experienced these symptoms of nueropraxia. An MRI administered at Atlanta Midtown Diagnostic Imaging last Monday was sent to Dr. Joseph Maroon, a renowned neurosurgeon and professor of neurosurgery at The Pittsburgh School of Medicine. After careful examination of the MRI, it was determined that Edge would never be cleared to compete again, and thus, he is forced to retire.

In 2003, Edge underwent a two level spinal fusion of the discs between his C5, C6 and C7 vertebrae. After being cleared to compete, The Rated-R Superstar returned to the ring, resulting in stenosis of the spine, or a narrowing of the spinal column, above and below the fused discs. This narrowing resulted in less and less of the vital fluid needed to protect the spinal cord. Medical professionals cannot clear Edge to compete ever again in WWE since doing so could result in paralysis or even death.

--

Not a work. It's legit.

So sad about Edge geez :( easily one of my favorite wrestlers over the years. His stuff with Christian was classic as well. Cheers to you Edge and thank you for literally giving your body up to us fans. Stay well!

And Scott Hall... what a fall from grace. Razor Ramon was my favorite WWF wrestler when I was younger. Very sad to see him in his current condition, he was a pure stud back in the day

http://starsmedia.ign.com/stars/image/article/917/917292/19_Razor_Ramon_1223441640.jpg

Kurt Angle re-signs with TNA! :D

http://www.prowrestling.net/artman/publish/TNA/article10017943.shtml

Kurt Angle tweeted the following tonight: "To all my Fans and Friends, I'm signing a new deal with TNA. We are working out the Kinks but I'm staying. So please tune in every Thurs night. I gave it much thought, TNA is the underdog. I feel I can help them go to the next level. WWE is the top company. But being the Face of TNA is great. TNA has so much potential. I believe in TNA. I Love Dixie Carter and I am staying. TNA wants to help me into Movies and Anglefoods. TNA is IT"