• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

What's the Most Disgusting Thing You Like to Eat?

Dave

Haggis … but it's heavenly.

Scrapple … if I'm in a specific hotel in Philly that does it very nicely for breakfast. I'm not sure otherwise who to trust on something that gnarly.

Grilled octopus … or even ensalada de pulpo (same critter) in the right place

Kippers .. but they aren't disgusting

Repped for Scrapple! Most I find very difficult to sear though. I think you need to practically freeze it first. Or maybe it's just the last couple I've tried. The texture is just kind of mush sometimes.

The most disgusting thing I like to eat is Velveeta. It's also the ultimate emulsifier. Jesus himself could not break a sauce with velveeta in it.

Not sure if its disgusting but I don't reheat most leftovers.

Neither do i. Cold pizza, cold chicken, cold pasta, pretty much cold anything. The microwave makes them taste like shit and the oven/toaster oven is too much work.

Anyway, tried fried pickles the other day. I think i may be addicted.

I genuinely enjoy vegemite, when my best friend tried it and said that it tasted like overly-salty gym socks and soy sauce and smelled like crotch rot and spoiled vegetables.

Dude, Marmite ;)

Although the Aussies in my family would be with you on the down under version

Nuttin' disgusting once you get used to it, right?

As a kid, the standard in the UK was to served it spread lightly on buttered toast fingers and you dipped them into your soft-boiled egg. I could go for it right now!

Somehow millions upon millions of kids found this appealing for decades.

Yea, typing it made me nauseous, but I had to own up to it.

Way to inflict vom on your readership ... once again for those who missed Mr. Smith's delightful combination of Tuna fish and chocolate milk ...GAK!

Haggis ? but it's heavenly.

Scrapple ? if I'm in a specific hotel in Philly that does it very nicely for breakfast. I'm not sure otherwise who to trust on something that gnarly.

Grilled octopus ? or even ensalada de pulpo (same critter) in the right place

Kippers .. but they aren't disgusting

Jules = holding back the good stuff

However my Nederlands-visting friends seem to dig these soggy fishy things with finely chopped onions on 'em.

I Eat pickled herring exactly the way your friends do with chopped onions.. I also use a little vinegar and boiled potatoes ..:drool: with vodka shots..

Are you guys related?

And what's with all of the Russians and Polish on here? Is it this board, or NY, or hockey, or a combination?

I go into the Polish Deli in the Polish area and get Krajana Kielbasa and I eat it just like it is without cooking it. I make it into sandwiches and just put mustard on it. I also love Pierogies. For Christmas Eve, my cousin has blueberry ones and they are so good, but I also love the cheese, potato and sauerkraut ones as well, and I'll eat them with either sour cream or apple sauce.

not reading from the top...

anyone eat a century egg?

according to the "normal thing to eat thread," sushi is apparently normal. and i love sushi.

not rolls, but like...fish on rice. or fish in soy sauce. and i like some rolls, but i love sushi.

back to a century egg...

No. Never. But I'll 1-up you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balut_(egg) :puke:

I go into the Polish Deli in the Polish area and get Krajana Kielbasa and I eat it just like it is without cooking it. I make it into sandwiches and just put mustard on it. I also love Pierogies. For Christmas Eve, my cousin has blueberry ones and they are so good, but I also love the cheese, potato and sauerkraut ones as well, and I'll eat them with either sour cream or apple sauce.

Nice. I love all of that stuff. Shame I never really get to have it. Been meaning to make Kolaches and Klabasneks.

Dude, Marmite ;)

Although the Aussies in my family would be with you on the down under version

Nuttin' disgusting once you get used to it, right?

As a kid, the standard in the UK was to served it spread lightly on buttered toast fingers and you dipped them into your soft-boiled egg. I could go for it right now!

Somehow millions upon millions of kids found this appealing for decades.

Way to inflict vom on your readership ... once again for those who missed Mr. Smith's delightful combination of Tuna fish and chocolate milk ...GAK!

Yeah, I'm actually more in to marmite. I just figured nobody on here would've ever heard of it lol. It has less crap in it. Less preservatives, less additives, etc. It just has a more natural flavor.

Probably Swedish Surstromming. Which is basically fermented rotting herring in a can. It really is pretty gross.

But instead of all the million puke videos out there of ppl opening the can and eating the fish straight out of the can I thought I would post one where they eat it the proper way. A glimpse into Swedish food culture.

Yeah, I'm actually more in to marmite. I just figured nobody on here would've ever heard of it lol. It has less crap in it. Less preservatives, less additives, etc. It just has a more natural flavor.

Went to the pantry to hit the marmite the other day and the lid was fused on. Not even with one of those rubber grippers could I get it to budge. Probably have to soak it in hot water for an hour.

Maybe it could also be marketed as a kind of organic alternative to superglue ... as long as one doesn't mind waiting a few months for it to set.

But there ain't that much left in the pot. Easier just to go to Stop and Shop and get a new one, assuming they still carry it. (To the uninitiated, "still carry" is a legit concern ... one small pot will last you for months, a big one for half a year or more, so if there are only a few takers it will sell like the slowest-moving SKU ever.

Could not get my wife to understand that it does not "go"/mix with either peanut butter or cinnamon raisin bagels.

Probably Swedish Surstromming. Which is basically fermented rotting herring in a can. It really is pretty gross.

Sounds like Manorhaven beach awash with dead mossbunker (Atlantic Menhaden type of herring) in the dog days of summer.

Raaather schtinky!

Archived