• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

So, About That Huge Happening [SPOILER] in Family Guy...

How do you feel about family guy killing off Brian?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about family guy killing off Brian?

• Jumping the shark?
    • still good?

It actually doesn't. If I don't want to know what happened on FG, I don't go to the FG FB or web site. Then I sign on here and the thread title is "Brian's Dead", that's exactly what a spoiler is. I think we already agreed the thread title was a spoiler, I don't know what that's now being disputed.

Why not make it "Family Guy"? Or "For Those Who Watched Family Guy Last Night ONLY

".

There are 1,000 other ways to do it. I don't care because I don't watch new episodes of FG, but eventually it's going to happen [again] to a show that I do watch. People shouldn't have to avoid a HOCKEY forum if they don't want their TELEVISION shows spoiled. It's the principle.

Yup. I agreed earlier that titles need to be spoiler-free. But content within them, IMO, does not.

But we can certainly open this up into a greater discussion on how to handle spoilers here, if you think a change needs to be made. Personally, I think the combination of spoiler-free thread titles and users simply staying out of threads where they know information about the show they've yet to watch will be shared is fair still.

He may not even be gone for good.

Family Guy has recruited two familiar TV voices for an upcoming episode, and those voices belong to Maya Rudolph and Glenn Howerton. Rudolph, a veteran of SNL and Up All Night, will assume the role of an avid runner who catches Brian’s eye. To win her over, he pretends to be a fellow jogger. “After Brian experiences the ‘runner’s high’, he becomes a distance running douche, and even signs himself up to run a marathon,” Family Guy executive producer Steve Callaghan tells EW.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/10/29/family-guy-maya-rudolph-glenn-howerton/

• 3 weeks later...

He already got old for me. Remember the Pet Peeves thread? He's the cartoon version of it. I only laughed once or twice at any of his bits. The line last night about stealing, for example, I thought was pretty funny. The "Oh!" and all the generic allusions to Italian culture just don't do it for me.

But I agree, generally speaking, he had a pretty visible shelf life.

Archived