• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Buying a New Car

Vodka Drunkenski

I got my car down to 17,500 and sticker price was just over 19,000 I believe. The best advice I can give is to not budge. They will try to phenagle you best they can, but you have to stand your ground.

What I did was I went through Costco and got a price on the car I wanted (Honda Civic). I took that price, and called around to dealers and told them to match that. From there, you bring them down another 500 to maybe 1000 and get to your range.

You can probably get that car down to about 35 or even 34.

I assume payments? Figure out what down payment you're comfortable with, what monthly payment you're comfortable with, stick to it and walk if you have to. Really make sure you're comfortable, get this car on your terms. Do not budge, leave the dealership if you have to and walk away. I did it 4 times until I got what I wanted. They won't forget you, may take a week, but they'll call you and invite you back to sort it out, just simply don't budge. It'll work, believe me.

Do it the Russian way and show up with 30k in cash. Tell them take it or leave it lol.

My father got his car insurance from a Russian guy in Brooklyn when I was young. While filling out my dads paperwork this was the exchange: Russian guy "do you have children living at home?"

My dad "yes"

Russian guy "no you dont"

Looking to finance a Honda Pilot but unsure what a good rule of thumb is to negotiate would be. Asking sticker price is 37450, any suggestions on how low I can really go with it?

If you want, i got a family member who works in Open Road Honda in Edison NJ, he will work things out for you!

Archived