• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Rumor: Sean Avery is gay and secretly engaged to Andy Cohen of Bravo fame

Niko

Not even close.

Saying "with all the fashion shit, would anybody be surprised" if he were gay is a stereotype. You got called on it, you admitted it, and that was it. No one called him a homophobe.

Where's the leap in logic?

Don't know how long you've been here "brother", but I don't hint. If I had evidence, and wanted to call you a homophobe, I'd just call you one. ;)

Not even close.

Saying "with all the fashion shit, would anybody be surprised" if he were gay is a stereotype. You got called on it, you admitted it, and that was it. No one called him a homophobe.

Where's the leap in logic?

Don't know how long you've been here "brother", but I don't hint. If I had evidence, and wanted to call you a homophobe, I'd just call you one. ;)

If we look at my profile, looks like I been here since June of 2011 so that makes it 26 months ;)

Hey it's fine, I stereotyped him for liking fashion as much as he does and being a guy.

Stereotyping is not necessarily bad. The question raised was not derogatory towards homosexuals in any way. The initial response then added a negative connotation to the first statement, and that melodramatic response rendered homosexuals being fashionable as a negative stereotype, for the sake of the following discussion.

Essentially, Peetie acted the part of the Human Rights Advocacy with DollaDollaBillz playing the part of Dunkin Donuts.

Or, I called a spade a spade and we all lived happily ever after.

So did he.

Except you were overly dramatic about it when no one was even playing cards.

I am a strong believer that once we stop overreacting and drawing attention to stereotypical claims, they will stop being labels. This was an extremely small, innocent, and non-discriminatory statement, and should have been left as such.

So did he.

Except you were overly dramatic about it when no one was even playing cards.

I am a strong believer that once we stop overreacting and drawing attention to stereotypical claims, they will stop being labels. This was an extremely small, innocent, and non-discriminatory statement, and should have been left as such.

If you call that "overly dramatic", then you're the one overreacting.

A definite possibility.

Probably the most likely scenerio. Somebody had to say it. Well not had to, but you catch my drift.

Stereotyping is not necessarily bad. The question raised was not derogatory towards homosexuals in any way. The initial response then added a negative connotation to the first statement, and that melodramatic response rendered homosexuals being fashionable as a negative stereotype, for the sake of the following discussion.

Essentially, Peetie acted the part of the Human Rights Advocacy with DollaDollaBillz playing the part of Dunkin Donuts.

Maybe just the way I said it came it wrong.

Archived