• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Desperate Need Situation: Would you do it?

Fuhgeddaboudit

My co-worker is just disgusting. He's 66 years old, not shaved at all, teeth are yellow and crooked, missing most of his teeth. He drools at times when he talks, and he spits a lot when he's talking and eating.

Let's say one day, he started choking or something that caused him not to breath as well.

Would you give CPR on that person and try and save his life? Or would you be too skeeved out to do so, let him die, or hope that someone else has the courage to face that hygiene-less person?

Assuming that he can die any second.

Don't people usually give CPR or something even after they call 911?

If they know how and they want to help. Are you trained in CPR? I'm pretty sure you can kill someone if you apply it incorrectly.

911 will walk you through CPR and try to get you to do it and make you feel bad if you tell them no. You can by a CPR mask real cheap where you dont have to put your mouth directly on the other person, and has a type of filter to block anything but air coming through. They actually push people to use this because it can prevent any diseases from being passed.

911 will walk you through CPR and try to get you to do it and make you feel bad if you tell them no. You can by a CPR mask real cheap where you dont have to put your mouth directly on the other person, and has a type of filter to block anything but air coming through. They actually push people to use this because it can prevent any diseases from being passed.

I should have put - "assuming there was no CPR mask around"

Why don't you report this hygeine issue to a manger or human resources? Or do you work in a mechanic shop or factory?

We work in an accounting office. Everyone knows he's pretty disgusting. I don't really feel comfortable reporting it actually, but I believe others have for his ridiculous sexual comments. Nothing happened. I believe they are expecting him to retire soon, so they aren't doing anything about it.

I should have put - "assuming there was no CPR mask around"

Arent most offices/businesses now equipped with these things?

I did CPR one time at work, me and my partner had a call for an unconscious woman. We walked into her apartment, and she was on the bed, we saw her eyes role back in her head and she dropped to the floor. We did CPR until the fire department came, they had a defib and got her to the hospital. Later that night we stopped by the hospital and saw the family, they told us we saved her life, we cracked one of her ribs, but she was still alive because we acted so fast.

I did CPR one time at work, me and my partner had a call for an unconscious woman. We walked into her apartment, and she was on the bed, we saw her eyes role back in her head and she dropped to the floor. We did CPR until the fire department came, they had a defib and got her to the hospital. Later that night we stopped by the hospital and saw the family, they told us we saved her life, we cracked one of her ribs, but she was still alive because we acted so fast.

It's really a hypothetical situation... The main focus was really, would you do CPR on something that is pretty disgusting.

One of the big bosses on the other side of the office actually told my boss (controller) he didn't want "a homeless man" (my coworker) greeting his clients because it left a bad image.

My co-worker is just disgusting. He's 66 years old, not shaved at all, teeth are yellow and crooked, missing most of his teeth. He drools at times when he talks, and he spits a lot when he's talking and eating.

Let's say one day, he started choking or something that caused him not to breath as well.

Would you give CPR on that person and try and save his life? Or would you be too skeeved out to do so, let him die, or hope that someone else has the courage to face that hygiene-less person?

So you're asking if it's OK to let someone die because saving them would be ikky? Grab a sack and put your lips on his.

It's really a hypothetical situation... The main focus was really, would you do CPR on something that is pretty disgusting.

One of the big bosses on the other side of the office actually told my boss (controller) he didn't want "a homeless man" (my coworker) greeting his clients because it left a bad image.

Then you have to ask if you can live with yourself knowing you let another person die.

So you're asking if it's OK to let someone die because saving them would be ikky? Grab a sack and put your lips on his.

Lol, this is hypothetical. I really don't know what to do because I'm an instinct guy. I guess I've been working with him for awhile to know I wouldn't want to go anywhere near him.

Ive done cpr amillion times and have either cracked a rib or a breastbone every time . The sound gives me the willies.

I know it's already been said, but it's actually taught nowadays that CPR compressions is all you really need to do. Don't really need to do mouth to mouth. In fact, it's discouraged a lot now.

This, new CPR guidelines, (I think starting last year), only suggest chest compressions.

That being said, I still carry a "barrier" on my key chain,

In regards to his hygiene......i'd lick his nutsack if I thought it could save his life and didn't threaten mine.

That's the problem Puck. There really is no real way to know if your life is in danger unless you happen to already really know this guy. Even then, who knows? Another reason they are starting to preach compressions only is that it might make more people open to try and give CPR if they know it's only compressions.

Getting the heart back beating and in rhythm really is what's important anyway

I've had blood from strangers on my hands and cloths providing first aid. Once the Aids epidemic surfaced and before rubber gloves finally made it out to the field. It was real scary wondering if you caught anything. Like Puck said, do all you can but protect yourself from catching anything first. It can be a tough call when quick action is needed and your caught off guard unprepared.

Archived