• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Fast and Furious 6

Phil

I'm sure I'll get ripped for saying it, but this looks awesome.

Not at all. These movies are great. Kill an hour an a half, watch some great special effects and chase scenes, cool cars, see some cleavage, decent sound tracks and one liners. They fill that niche very well. Can't wait to see this.

Not at all. These movies are great. Kill an hour an a half, watch some great special effects and chase scenes, cool cars, see some cleavage, decent sound tracks and one liners. They fill that niche very well. Can't wait to see this.

I get torn apart by film critic friends of mine for enjoying movies like these, but honestly, I don't care. They're miserable people who are never satisfied by any film/movie, and I feel sorry for them, because they obviously lost the appreciation for what their purpose was from the start. To entertain you.

Whether you are entertained by something or not doesn't make it "bad". It just means you don't like it.

That's not to say there aren't bad movies (Ready to Rumble comes to mind), but they're mostly born of bad acting, bad scripts, etc.

I get torn apart by film critic friends of mine for enjoying movies like these, but honestly, I don't care. They're miserable people who are never satisfied by any film/movie, and I feel sorry for them, because they obviously lost the appreciation for what their purpose was from the start. To entertain you.

Whether you are entertained by something or not doesn't make it "bad". It just means you don't like it.

That's not to say there aren't bad movies (Ready to Rumble comes to mind), but they're mostly born of bad acting, bad scripts, etc.

Snobs.

Not every movie is an award winner or life changer.

Hey, I thought "J Edgar" was going to entertain me, watched about a half hour of it, shut it off, and then watched the Lorax in it's entirety and had fun.

Same here. Never finished it.

Snobs.

Not every movie is an award winner or life changer.

Yup. Completely agree. Good luck convincing them that, though.

These movies are way over the top, completely unrealistic, and yet I still love watching them and get entertained by them and will totally blow another 10:50 to see this one.

I mean if hauling a giant bank safe through the streets of Rio De Janiero is not real enough for you I don't know what it is.

Not my cup of tea.

Liked the first one until I left the theatre and noticed everyone thought they were supposed to be in the movie. Never made it through the 2nd one. Probably wont see this one unless my 15 year old cousin needs a ride.

Agreed, in general I think these movies are fun and I love seeing cars on display and in use that otherwise wouldn't make it into our daily lives. My only gripe with the fast and the furious series is the stupid amount of gear changes and double clutches. It's like they have a 39 speed gear box, but that's just nitpicking.

Archived