• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

Phil

Man, my parents live in Hanover, Ontario about 100 miles from any urban center with a population in excess of 30,000 and they enjoy speeds upwards of 60mbps with only the basic service.

Your problem is verizon and the fact that they probably have zero incentive to put up the capital to upgrade. Here, it's the small independants that are taking the initiative and getting these FTTH projects done because they know it will keep Bell and Rogers out.

Got you. Yeah my DL speeds kill most anyone I know. A good router helps but it's mostly the fact that not many people live around me.

As for the fiber, we dont have small companies doing anything like that as far as I know. It's so fucking frustrating not having Verizon. I hate Cablevision, especially their TV service. And not having competition means much less bargaining power when trying to get a better price.

Not like it'll affect your ability to watch hockey anyway.

In the six or so months that have gone by since we first heard about this Google Fiber, they're still not even out of metro Missouri where they started. I'm guessing that it will be a while until it's available to me here in NJ. Like years and years. Maybe the next lockout will be a concern for MSG on Google Fiber, but not this one (of course, maybe by then they'll have MSG on Google Fiber, who knows?).

Archived