• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Interested in Adopting a Dog?

siddious

Is anyone here (preferably one of the regulars) interested in giving little Austin a new and loving home?

His previous owners thought it was a good idea to tie him to a tree and leave him out in the cold for any random stranger to take him home. Thankfully my girlfriend's father took him in before it was allowed to happen and brought him to me. Since I already have two puppies (both rescues as well) I am not really able to handle a third in the long run.

He is a 1 year old Dachshund. Very energetic, playful, and just an all around sweet heart. I believe he has all of his shots for the year but I do not have any paperwork to prove it.

http://i50.tinypic.com/14cabg6.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/21awxn7.jpg

Seeing as Kristin would fall in love with him, if we could actually have dogs in our apartment, I'd be right in line to help out, but until we move it's just not an option.

I'll echo Rhom's sentiments, though.

Also, Peter, if you want to post about this on Facebook (or already have), do so and let me know so I can share it and/or re-tweet it to see if I can't help expand your range.

Thanks for all the sentiments guys. Phil, its already on facebook. I prefer to give him away to someone who is not a complete stranger though just so i know hes going to a good home so as long as it is someone you trust then im okay with it. (on my phone sorry if spelling/grammar is off).

Thanks for all the sentiments guys. Phil, its already on facebook. I prefer to give him away to someone who is not a complete stranger though just so i know hes going to a good home so as long as it is someone you trust then im okay with it. (on my phone sorry if spelling/grammar is off).

Perfect. Sharing now. I'll have them contact me first, this way I can vet them for you. There's very few people I'm friends with who I wouldn't trust, but I definitely feel where you are coming from.

That same sentiment as everyone else; if only we had a bigger home and a yard. That's one cute dog, that second pic had me immediately. Poor dog, who the hell ties a dog to a tree like that?

Mind if I share this with some of my closest friends on the East Coast who love dogs? Only people I actually know, not just random strangers.

That same sentiment as everyone else; if only we had a bigger home and a yard. That's one cute dog, that second pic had me immediately. Poor dog, who the hell ties a dog to a tree like that?

Mind if I share this with some of my closest friends on the East Coast who love dogs? Only people I actually know, not just random strangers.

I don't know Jules.. some people are just beyond cruel .Please do share it though I would appreciate it.

Made the mistake of showing Kristin. Now she's complaining about not being able to have him.

haha sorry dude. If it makes any difference I have felt that way since I got him.

How goes the search So Nashty?

One family who is good friends with ours is looking for a dog. Checking with them. Also trying to see if mom would just be willing to take him in at our house. We have 4 other dogs here though. It's not like a kennel, they're spoiled. They get Blue Buffalo food, playtimes, they each have their own beds, etc. My only question would be about the dog's disposition: like how would he handle being with 4 other dogs? Does he have food aggression? What are his bathroom habits? Does he go on pads, wait for walks, or has he had no training at all in that area?

A little more information would be really helpful in letting me try and sell this to my mom.

He is very friendly. A little timid at first but he opens up fast. He was initially at my girlfriends house for 2 days and she has 2 pitbulls and a pug and outside of trying to hump the pug he was very friendly. Brought him home and he and my half beagle half chuihuihaha (sp) get along fine as well. I have not seen any aggression from this dog what so ever.

His bathroom habits are still a work in progress. Unfortunately I leave at 9am for work and no one is home here until 6:30 or so, so we have come home to accidents pretty much every day. When we are home though he waits and usually goes out and does his business. The issue with him is that he sometimes pee's when he gets very excited. I looked it up and this is apparently common among dachshunds. Out side of that he is very attentive and listens to me more so than any of my other dogs haha. He does not go on pads.

He is very friendly. A little timid at first but he opens up fast. He was initially at my girlfriends house for 2 days and she has 2 pitbulls and a pug and outside of trying to hump the pug he was very friendly. Brought him home and he and my half beagle half chuihuihaha (sp) get along fine as well. I have not seen any aggression from this dog what so ever.

His bathroom habits are still a work in progress. Unfortunately I leave at 9am for work and no one is home here until 6:30 or so, so we have come home to accidents pretty much every day. When we are home though he waits and usually goes out and does his business. The issue with him is that he sometimes pee's when he gets very excited. I looked it up and this is apparently common among dachshunds. Out side of that he is very attentive and listens to me more so than any of my other dogs haha. He does not go on pads.

The family who are friends of ours seem pretty interested. I'll keep you posted!

Archived