• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Dollar Shave Club

Fuhgeddaboudit

I think its like $8 a tube. So it's more expensive relatively speaking. But I'm just gonna think of it as $14 a month for the razors and a shaving cream I like instead of just $8 for the tube. And who knows, maybe the tube will last me more than a month so I can get a new one every other month. I think it's only 6oz. though

I wonder if it's cheaper in like Rite Aid or something, if they even sell butter

I make my Gillette Mach 5s last a month or more, till they scratch a bit, then it's time to replace. Use my CVS extrabucks and were getting the price down. The pain in the ass part is getting someone to unlock the bloomin' razor blade case.

I don't bother with shaving foam either -- just hot water. Me and the old boss agreed on one thing — use really hot water and you could shave yourself with a piece of broken glass. Might be your last shave but...

[i don't shave -- I shed fur all over the place]

Aside from the initial investment (razor, brush, stand, alum), the running cost on my last two months of shaving is now just under $1.00 a week, and I still have 2/3 a tub of soap and 5 blades left.

Deserves a rep for efficiency. For a bloke who could use a lawnmower, that's pretty doggone good.

Is it really that much better than shaving cream? I feel like there's so many trends and gimmicks when it comes to shaving accessories/tools

Beginning with gels and foams, but gotta admit some hot foam on the neck and the straight blade at the local Italian barber always feels good.

Archived