• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

Ketchup Should Be Refrigerated — Yes or No?

NYRangers92

Does ketchup belong in the refrigerator?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Does ketchup belong in the refrigerator?

• Yes
    • No
    • Ketchup is Gross (you're welcome, haters)

NO!! I can't stand, cold, chunky, non flowing ketchup. Keep it at room temperature and just give it a good shake before squeezing or tapping on the bottle to mix back in the water and vinegar that has settled.

Love that shit, but with all the sugar and high fructose corn syrup in it I've been trying to cut back considerably.

NO!! I can't stand, cold, chunky, non flowing ketchup. Keep it at room temperature and just give it a good shake before squeezing or tapping on the bottle to mix back in the water and vinegar that has settled.

Love that shit, but with all the sugar and high fructose corn syrup in it I've been trying to cut back considerably.

Buy organic or reduced sugar.

It goes in the fridge, but there's no good reason to use Ketchup when BBQ sauce is available, contains roughly the same nutritional value and components and tastes better.

I second this. When available, BBQ sauce is better. Especially on burgers.

And yes, it should be refrigerated. Anything that says refrigerate after opening should be.

I keep ming in the cabinet. It doesnt say to put it in the fridge after opening, and I really dont taste a difference between cold or not cold. When you get it from a restaurant its not kept cold. My wife tried to piut it in the fridge when we first got married, and I ended that shit quick.

They go through those bottles daily, so they don't need to keep it in the refrigerator to keep it good

What about a diner with a red squeeze bottle? You think diners are taking valuable walk-in fridge space with a vat of ketchup? Nope. They'll keep it cool, yes. Refrigerated? Not likely.

depends on the house...

depends on the restaurant....lol

My restaurant went through ketchup pretty slowly. We used to get complaints that it smelled like vinegar. That also means the ketchup bottles weren't being cleaned properly or disregarded altogether.

I second this. When available, BBQ sauce is better. Especially on burgers.

And yes, it should be refrigerated. Anything that says refrigerate after opening should be.

I don't like BBQ sauce that much, it tastes strange. Ketchup is way better in my opinion.

And of course it goes in the refrigerator.

Archived