• Join us — it's free!

We are the premiere internet community for New York Rangers news and fan discussion. Don't wait — join the forum today!

IGNORED

20 Years Since Nirvana Released "Nevermind"

Parsley

:+1:

The first few bands I got into were GnR and Motley Crue but at that point they were beginning their decline, then Nirvana (and Pearl Jam) came along and moved me in a whole new direction musically. After Cobain's suicide in 1994 grunge began to lose its punch and along came bands like Korn, Limp Bizkit, Deftones and Linkin Park that brought the new era of rock and rap/rock to the scene for the mid and late-90s.

I really enjoy 90s music. Amazing how long ago it is now.

:cheers:

90s really was a great time for music and maybe the last good one (at least for this 34 year old fart), at least before it flipped to all hip hop and pop. Just my opinion and there are some pockets of good music and rock still out there if you search hard enough, but to me 1996 or somewhere in that range of time was the last good time for mainstream hard rock.

Still listen to it to this day, regularly. At least once a month. Same goes for Pearl Jam's Ten, Alice in Chains' Dirt and Stone Temple Pilots' Core.

this.

Nirvana was the first band I "loved". Grew up with this band as a really young kid. Also got me into a lot of other good stuff.

nirvana bothered me when they first got big, mainly because people who basically refused to listen to music that contained guitars were suddenly running around my high school blasting nevermind 24/7. gotta love pop music.

it wasn't until i got older and the hype died down that i could really appreciate them.

Archived